Worth the Fall by Claudia Connor

Worth the Fall

by Claudia Connor

Series: The McKinney Brothers (1)

Lovely story, Matt is a dream.
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
REVIEW: A heartwarming book about big families. Charming toddlers and heartbroken older kids that innocently work to draw in a hero.

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: They meet on a beach. . . . Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family.

But a week is all it takes. . . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for. ( )
  treehousereader | Apr 3, 2016 |
I really need more stars to express how much I loved this book!! Debut author Claudia Connor hits it out of the park with this one and the next book in this series is already on my must read list.

Matt McKinney is a Navy SEAL who is starting to think there might be more to life. Abby Davis is a pregnant widowed mother of four who doesn't trust or love easily and is determined to make it on her own. Their attraction is immediate and intense and maybe too much to resist.

This is a beautifully written love story, not only between Matt and Abby but also between Matt and the kids! I absolutely did not want this book to end. I highly recommend this book to everyone. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
SPOILERS

4 stars.

Because I love:
• The powerful connection between the Hxh
• The emotional impact of their story
• The realness of the issues the MCs deal with
• The writing style
• That the unforgivable choices the H makes are, at the end of it all, completely forgivable.

Normally I don’t do:
• The two-minded hero
• The hero who breaks his promises
• The hero who disappoints his heroine
• The heroine with a child (never-mind 4 children) by another man
• The heroine who’s pregnant with another man’s baby
• The Heroine who has been married before
• Insta love
• Tearjerkers
• Stories that make me ugly cry
But all of the above MAKES this book.
It’s exactly what held my interest and what made their story work for me.

This book is:
• Packed with all this emotion
• Filled with attraction, lust, sharing, caring, passion, adoration, jealousy, love, betrayal, misery, forgiveness and trust
• So very well written
• Sweet. Melt-in-the-mouth-cotton-candy sweet
• So “real”
• A perfect combo of the Harlequin Superromance category series, Military/Navy Seal angst sweetness & light the Big Happy Family scenario

It’s written in such a way that I was committed to their “here and now”.
I’m not convinced, going by the reasons for his betrayal, that he won’t let her down again, because their problems are very authentic and this probability fits in well with their situation.

And I'm okay with that.

Loved it.
  BeegPanda | Aug 2, 2015 |
Worth the Fall is more than worth the read! Never did I think that a romance this intriguing would occur between a pregnant mother of 4 and a Navy SEAL, but Connor certainly delivered! Her character development as well as the relationship between Matt and Abby unfolded flawlessly, and you find yourself cheering for them both as their lives come together in this heartwarming, hot and thought provoking story. Definitely one I'll pick up again, and am looking forward to the next McKinney Brothers saga, way to go, Claudia! ( )
  KimMcReads | Jul 15, 2015 |

Claudia Connorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JohannaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

From Amazon.com:

They meet on a beach. . . Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

They only have a week. . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family.

But a week is all it takes. . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,003,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible