#Nerd (Hashtag, #1) by Cambria Hebert

#Nerd (Hashtag, #1)

by Cambria Hebert

3.75 stars

This story has a plot I’ve seen before. Mr. It is dared to go for the geeky girl. After getting to know her, he actually falls hard. The past and the outside world pop their bubble. Even though, I pretty much knew how things were going to go, I still really liked the delivery in this book. It’s a very sweet and sometimes sexy NA college romance. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
The only bad thing about this book is that it is to be continued, and not out yet!
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
My thoughts after reading this book and a lot of good reviews:

Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
First glance, coolest book’s title of the year has been chosen.

I love the author’s idea for this book. It’s very fresh. However, the plot is quite predictable. We all have read this kind of story before. A famous guy, a nerdy girl, and fate just leads them to each other.

Rimmel was assigned to tutor Roman (known as the school’s Romeo). He’s the school famous bad boy: good-looking, rich, football player, and all girls want to date him. Rimmel didn’t want the job, but if she wanted to keep her scholarship, she will have to. There are no turning back.

Rimmel is your typically #nerd. She is an outcast, a person who never got noticed. Her withdrawal from others and only befriended with animal was from a damage from her past, although I think it would be better if the author giving more hints from the beginning about it than just spill out everything at once in the end, because it feels very surreal like that. Nevertheless, she is a very kind and great character.

Our charming Romeo, well, he has a lot of pressure from both his family and school life. He’s popular, yes, but being a part of the Omega fraternity was everything he’s aiming for, a great step for him to NFL, and he still need to pass many challenges to gain that. And then he met Rimmel, and everything seems to change, slowly.

A very great, humorous part of this book is the fact that hashtag has quite a role in this book (that’s why it caught my eyes). In every chapter, the author included a message from Alpha BuzzFeed, a gossiping app in Rimmel and Romeo’s school. It gives the book a very special effect, and successfully make me laugh my head off every single time. #BuzzBoss is arguably my favorite (unknown) character in this book.

It’s a very typical book, but it was a great read, nonetheless. I enjoy it, and might well trying the rest of the series if I have a chance. ( )
  mariananhi | Jan 23, 2016 |
#Nerd by Cambria Hebert
Series: Hashtag #1
Published by Self Published on 1 November 2014
Reviewed by Kj
The Word: despite the cheesy name the story was sweet, cute and a little bit nerdy!

his book was a hard one to pick up – I mean come on #Nerd is a horrible name. Despite this I actually rather enjoyed the book. It’s your typical vulnerable girl catches eye of University Jock romance but there was something raw about their relationship that made me wanting more.

Rimmel – is your typical geek or in this case nerd – she is socially awkward and puts no effort into her appearance. She often thinks that she communicates better with animals than people and has therefore chosen to study as a veterinarian. As a scholarship kid she is forced to tutor the most popular guy of the school if she wants to keep her placement – much to her annoyance.

Insert Romeo – no really his name is Romeo, it really should have been Casanova! Struggling with his grades Romeo is a super-hot star football player that snaps his finger and girls start running. Forced into tutoring is the last thing Romeo has on his mind, it is rush season and he is trying to get into the most exclusive frat on campus. After a dare forces him to spend more time with Rimmel, he sees under her prickly exterior and coercers her out of her shell.

The two perfectly complement each other. Rimmel brings Romeo’s head out of the clouds and makes him a nicer person and Romeo brings out Rimmel’s confidence by making her see her true wealth.

Each chapter of the book starts with a campus social network text message – think a Gossip Girl text. It took me awhile to understand what these were but when I did I rather liked their introduction to the chapter. The book was beautiful to read it was just a lovely story – yes there was drama, it wouldn’t be a love story without some drama but it didn’t overshadow the good moments and this was nice.

I am getting a bit tired of the vulnerable girl lead characters that are coaxed into developing their confidence and therefore appearance. They tend to resent the girls that do put effort into their appearance and categorise them as airheads when often they turn out to be both a valuable friend and help lift the leads confidence. This book definitely followed this formula but I didn’t resent it for doing so.

The book is by no far the best romance book I’ve read but I found myself liking the interaction between Rimmel and Romeo. The story is sweet and an easy read and it was enough for me to want to read the next in the series even if it is named #Hater!

Love you long time ( )
  birdslovewords | Sep 10, 2015 |

Cambria Hebert is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,478,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible