Post Politica by Wimarshana Wijesuriya

Post Politica

by Wimarshana Wijesuriya

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySquircle

DELUSIONS ARE THE SOLUTIONS. HALLUCINATION—THE ONLY NATION.

‘In the finest tradition of Huxley and Orwell’
Tabit Danswich

‘So chillingly relevant to today that I was a little scared to enjoy it’
Bon Rand ( )
  Squircle | Nov 5, 2014 |
Wimarshana Wijesuriya was cast out from the country in which grew up in 1992, and soon found himself marooned on one of its former tropical colonies. There he encountered a different and strange world, a world he was supposed to call home.  This is his last known work.
MUTHUKUDA WAS an odd old man that used strange words like democracy and government and sometimes dangerous sounding ones like patriotism, or even worse, politics; but for young Zen, facing as he was the most important decision of his life, conversations with the peculiar old-model had become a pleasantly distracting indulgence.
She whispered sweet-nothings of actz & ens, that Allah a wanted man ran free through streets of ‘I’, where yellowing ideas blew about, chased but never caught by aging men.
Not in Spanish, despite the word Politica being a Spanish word.

In the words of John Lennon, 'Imagine there’s no countries', nowadays it really isn’t hard to do, is it? And yes, there will be nothing to kill or die for, but all religions too. And hell, well it will be below us, and above us only ‘I’.
Perhaps it’s already here, perhaps we already live in a world where in our thoughts and in our dreams, we can only ‘Imagine all possessions’, where we are already good citisumers. And if we’re not there quite yet, you don’t have to call me a dreamer, I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say the most effective dystopia is the one that appears to be an utopia. Zen has earned his emancipation from the pre-world. He dreams of a perfect life in the realms with Maya. A Life™ flowing with milk and honey, with all the wondrous actz and ens that the blessed trepships, and especially LifeTree, have conceived. But on ascension to his chosen MyRealm I, he finds that the realms are not as advertised. That both brand loyalty and blind faith are equally misplaced.
imagine no countries
solution worse than
utopia is nowhere

(Squircle)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,174,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible