Cowgirl by G. R. Gemin

Cowgirl

by G. R. Gemin

201515,329 (4.33)1

This was another title I was given to read for Children's Book Day. I seriously doubt I'd have picked it up otherwise, but I'm glad I read it - it was really enjoyable.
I can see it being a made-for-TV movie.
The characters are easy to identify with. Even though some of them start off fairly stereotypical, they develop during the course of the story.
A real 'feel good' story. ( )
  Helen_Earl | Aug 6, 2015 |

Growing up on the embattled Mawr Estate in South Wales, all Gemma sees are burglaries, muggings, sadness and boredom. With a dad in prison and a mum who has given up hope, she, like everyone around her, is holding on to memories of the times when happiness wasn't so hard to find. When her search for the scene of a perfect childhood day takes her up into the surrounding hills, Gemma is forced into a meeting with the legendary Cowgirl. Everyone at school knows she's a weirdo: six foot tall and angry, the only conversations she has are with the twelve cows on her dad's farm. But with her abrupt arrival in Gemma's life, everything starts to look different. And with her only friends in mortal danger of the abattoir, it turns out she and Gemma have a mission on their hands.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible