Daddy Hugs by Nancy Tafuri

Daddy Hugs

by Nancy Tafuri

193537,190 (3.75)None

A series of woodland creatures exchange "Just-Daddy-and-me" hugs with their fathers in this sweet picture-book, with the next father-child pair hinted at in the artwork on each two-page spread.

As someone who researches the depiction of foxes in children's books, I initially picked up Daddy Hugs because of the beautiful vulpine pair on the cover. Although disappointed to discover that the story inside didn't revolve around foxes, I nevertheless found the artwork here quite lovely. Tafuri's watercolor and pencil illustrations are somewhat naive in style, and look a little flat, but they have a colorful, almost folksy sensibility that I liked. I also appreciated the way in which each subsequent animal pair was hinted at in the artwork, and the fact that all of the animals and insects depicted on each page are named at the back of the book. The text here was somewhat wanting - simple and repetitive, but not in a very interesting way - but for those looking for books about children and their daddies, this might be one to consider. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | May 16, 2017 |
A cute Daddy-and-me book about Daddy-and-me hugs, this was a great read for Daddy-daughter night while I was out writing. Daddy Guy reported that Baby gave him hugs at each Daddy-and-me part, increasing the cuteness of this adorable book with it's cute animal illustrations. Some of the phrasing is curious (turtle hugs?) but an overall winner for little ones and their daddies. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
This picture book, illustrated beautifully in watercolor and pencil, depicts a series of father-child animal pairs. A sound, such as "Rurr-rurr-rurr" gives voice to each pair. Each animal child provides a simple description of what a hug feels like and comments that he/she loves "daddy and me hugs." The final animal-child pair is a human father and child.
  lbarnard2015 | Aug 1, 2015 |

Various young woodland animals describe, in their own unique ways, what they love most about hugs from their fathers. Includes a list of creatures hidden in the pictures for readers to find.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,616,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible