Shutter Vol. 1: Wanderlust by Joe Keatinge

Shutter Vol. 1: Wanderlust

by Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca (Illustrator)

Other authors: Ed Brisson (Letterer)

Series: Shutter comics (1-6)

Hmmm... this was more of a 2.5 than a 3... was interesting enough but even after 5 issues I am still a bit in the dark about the whole point of this. Seems like it *could* be more interesting... but doesn't compel me to purchase the follow up... ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
Kate Kristopher was once a famous explorer on Earth, well on an Earth a little more special and the one we know. But suddenly one day she is attacked and now she must once again return to her adventurous life…

I liked this other Earth, with all its different kinds of species. I had some trouble getting into the story and when I finally did it was not many pages left. Unfortunately, the art was a bit so-so, it would have been a bit nicer to read if it had been a bit more evenly drawn but now and then the art looked just rushed.

Also, I liked Kate Kristopher and her weird family, but I would have loved more answers, like why her sister wants her dead, how come she has an 8 ½ year old brother when her father died ten years ago?

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |
I have had this book on my wishlist for quite a while and was excited to finally read it. This was a fun adventure fantasy that I enjoyed a lot. I would recommend for young adult and older mainly because of violence and language.

I liked Kate Kristopher and her Alarm Cat; they were a lot of fun to read about. There’s a lot of action in here and an amazingly creative world full of quirky characters. The book was very engaging and I ended up enjoying it a lot.

The illustration is beautifully done with nice color and good detail. The action scenes were easy to follow and fun to look at.

Overall I really enjoyed this adventure fantasy graphic novel. I would recommend to those who love fast-paced and creative fantasy graphic novels. I plan on continuing the series! ( )
  krau0098 | Dec 18, 2016 |
I'm not entirely sure what this book was about, and that makes it hard to rate. An archaeologist who isn't one any longer is all of a sudden the target of assassins. Or something. No explanation and incomplete flashbacks/back story leave this reader lost, and no real reason to look for the next volume. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
Probably a safe bet that if you like Saga, you'll like Shutter. They're similar in many ways, from the badass female characters to the (really, very) graphic violence to the combination of humans, anthropomorphized animals, ghosts, and robots that populate the apparently multidimensional universe they live in. I think Saga is slightly better written, though, making this more like 3.5 stars. The text is really overdramatic.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |

Joe Keatingeprimary authorall editionscalculated
del Duca, LeilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Brisson, EdLetterersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gieni, OwenColoristsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible