It's Not my Favorite by Rue

It's Not my Favorite

by Rue

201515,329 (3.17)None

When I started this book I thought, “Oh no, this is silly. This is going to be a waste of time.” But I was very quickly hooked by the humor and every day drama of these two sisters. Gwen has over the years tried to please her overly religious parents, but keeps telling herself that she must have been swapped at birth. Her sister Rachel is openly gay, and everyone except her parents knows it. Gwen comes across some photos that reveal a part of her parents past she knew nothing about – photos of her mother with another man. Maybe her belief that her father at least is not actually her father isn’t a fantasy after all. Gwen tracks down Daniel Gregory, Jr. who happens to be the son of the man in those photos. There is instant chemistry between them. Now she feels even worse – is she attracted to her half-brother? Gwen spins out of control and runs off to New Zealand. In the meantime Rachel has broken up with her girlfriend Annie.

This book is undoubtedly chick lit which I normally do not care for. But Rue’s writing was delightful. These sisters are so realistic. I laughed, I felt like crying, I detested their parents, I rejoiced for Gwen and Rachel. Rue’s style of writing made me love these sisters. ( )
  BettyTaylor56 | Feb 18, 2015 |

An irreverent, modern-day romantic comedy~

The Hutchinson sisters grew up under the piercing, pious stare of a preacher's wife. Plagued by her ever-disappointed refrain, "Well, it's not my favorite." Their search to find their own way in the world has not been a screaming success.

Gwenn uncovers a photo that brings her imaginary world careening into reality. She's forced to ask herself if wealthy artist, Daniel Gregory is the answer she's been seeking or a grand delusion. Break-ups, meltdowns, family secrets, wild nights and finally a journey of self-discovery to exotic New Zealand keep Gwenn and Rachel stumbling toward independence.

So grab your parka and join the Hutchinson girls, as they experience the Lake Effect in Duluth, Minnesota!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:23 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,009,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible