The Root of All Evil by Ellery Adams
Recently added byFaytheShattuck, cyderry, rhonda1111

Cooper feels that her life is definitely progressing along the right path - she has been given a promotion at work, has a steady boyfriend, a loving family, and friends in her Bible group that support each other in so many ways. So when a teacher she met at a school where her Bible group volunteered is murdered, Cooper resolves to find justice for this sweet gentle person.

The mysteries are fun to try to solve and the characters just seem to get better and better. ( )
  cyderry | Aug 29, 2017 |
4 STARS

This is a new Hope Street Church Mystery book. It makes a good cozy mystery, I guessed who the thief at Cooper's work early on.
The other mystery of who the killer was blind sided me. I wish there was more of Nathan's character. I don't think I would be so welcoming a thief into my house. They were good examples. There is less scriptures to me in this book but does have some of the Bible discussion.

Cooper Lee is the central figure in the Hope Street Church Mysteries. Cooper is single living over her parents garage. She works at a copy machine repair shop. She is up for promotion. She dates Nathan for a year now. She is part of bible class at Hope street Church.

Cooper as a thief at work. She meets a teacher at parents conference where they have volunteered to help at refreshments. The teacher gets killed. Also there is a thief who is robbing churches. Plenty of good drama with family, church and work life with Cooper.

Cooper and her bible study group jump in trying to find out who killed the teacher. Her boss wants her help to find the thief at work. Edward is the one to find out who the thief robbing the churches is.

I have enjoyed reading all 4 books in the Hope Street Church series the last few days. They are clean easy to follow mysteries. They are clean reads. I would not mind if their be more to the series.

I was given this ebook to read by Net Galley and Beyond the Page. In return I agreed to give a honest review of The Root of all Evil. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Nov 5, 2014 |

Cooper Lee has never been happier. She has terrific friends at Bible study, a great boyfriend in Nathan, and best of all, a new niece or nephew on the way. But storm clouds are gathering when a string of church robberies comes to Hope Street and an art teacher is found dead in what appears to be a robbery gone wrong. With Halloween approaching, Cooper's beginning to think there are far more tricks than treats coming her way. No sooner do she and her friends step in to help the police unearth a killer than they discover a con artist among their flock. Lost in a morass of confusing clues-and even more confusing signals from Nathan-Cooper's not sure which way to turn. With the stakes so high, she sends up a prayer for some divine guidance, because Cooper knows that sometimes it takes the help of a higher power to bring down the lowest form of evildoer.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,385,913 books! | Top bar: Always visible