L.I.F.E Line by Mitchell Alexander

L.I.F.E Line

by Mitchell Alexander

Other authors: Graeme La'Met (Author)

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byart4art

L.I.F.E line is an excellent and useful resource for higher education students to become aware of how their behaviour influences other people’s perceptions.
L.I.F.E line includes chapters such as business dining, non-verbal communication or body language, making presentations and applying for a job.
Supported by exercises available to download, it is an excellent way for students to work individually or as part of a group to learn about their behaviours and adapt those required to make themselves more likeable and consequently more employable. ( )
  art4art | Nov 6, 2014 |

Mitchell Alexanderprimary authorall editionscalculated
La'Met, GraemeAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

When discussing some critical incidents in connection with the behaviour of European students in a professional setting some time ago, we decided it was time we did something to help international students. We noticed how your behaviour influences other people’s perception of you and how professionals look at the etiquette of others, especially foreigners, when they are in their country. The perception others have of you, for example potential business partners, is a determining factor in your professional success. If they like you, they will approach you. If not, they will not. End of story.
It is therefore rather important to know and understand which aspects of your behaviour contribute to your likeability factor. Knowledge and skills, sensitivity, manners and etiquette all help to enhance your positive image. These aspects of a business person are no less important now than they were a century ago.
L.I.F.E line will help you improve your personal, social, business and intercultural communication skills.
This book is not about providing you with simple lists of dos and don’ts. It does not offer you a straightforward matrix for instant success in business. It is not a self-help book that will make you successful by just reading it.
L.I.F.E line is not a book to read and put on a shelf and forget about. It is a book you can use for the rest of your business life. It deals with issues that you need to become aware of, internalize and put into practice every day.
It is meant not just for the beginning professional but also to support the experienced manager. The result will be that you will feel more at ease and in control in international business situations, instead of dangling helplessly at the end of a rope over an abyss of lack of knowledge, experience and confidence.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,827,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible