True Love by Jennifer Lopez

True Love

by Jennifer Lopez

English (1)  Italian (1)  All (2)
I will say right upfront that I am not a Jennifer Lopez fan, and I didn't change my mind after reading this book. I had hoped there would be something in there that would make me like her .... but no. This is the story of her very stressful period of time when she broke up with Marc Anthony and decided to go on tour for the very first time(!). We get all of the details of how and why she chose to sing the songs that she did on the tour, and the book is sprinkled with lyrics from her songs (laughable), as well as lovely pictures of her on stage in flamboyant costumes and flying hair, plus full-page displays of many of her pithy comments about life. Her philosophy of life - and what she "finally" learned about herself after a year of contemplation - can be summed up in two words: Love Yourself. I will say one positive thing about her, however - she does seem to love her kids a lot. Despite all of this soul-baring, to me she still seems like a vacuous woman who thinks that "everybody in the world" is fascinated by her life. If you're a fan (seriously??), you'll like the book. Otherwise, forget it. ( )
  flourgirl49 | Nov 30, 2014 |

In Jennifer Lopez’s first ever book, True Love, she explores one of her life’s most defining periods—the transformative two-year journey of how, as an artist and a mother, she confronted her greatest challenges, identified her biggest fears, and ultimately emerged a stronger person than she’s ever been. Guided by both intimate and electrifying photographs, True Love an honest and revealing personal diary with hard-won lessons and heartfelt recollections and an empowering story of self-reflection, rediscovery, and resilience.

Completely full-color, with photos throughout and lavishly designed, True Love is a stunning and timeless book that features more than 200 never-before-seen images from Lopez’s personal archives, showing candid moments with her family and friends and providing a rare behind-the-scenes look at the life of a pop music icon travelling, rehearsing, and performing around the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:23 -0400)

One of the most influential Latina performers in history opens up about her life's most defining period, two years during which it took everything she had to rise above the greatest challenges she had ever faced.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,573,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible