Something Wicked by Selena Kitt

Something Wicked

by Selena Kitt

312,001,085 (5)None

Something Wicked was a great little erotic anthology with a spooky horror/sci-fi twist that I picked up for Halloween! While the overall caliber of the book's content was hit or miss, with a couple of stories not really being to my taste, the collection had a few stories that really stood out and shined enough to genuinely make me love the book overall!

I have long been a fan of Selena Kitt's work from back in her early days as an amateur writer and her story "The Velvet Choker" instantly became one of my favorites as soon as I read it! Previously, I had never read a horror themed erotic story and it proved to be a nice blend of horror and eroticism that hit me with an ending I had not seen coming! It is the tale of a struggling artist who becomes hopelessly infatuated with his stunningly beautiful subject, a young mute woman that poses for him each day for hours on end wearing only a velvet choker. On the final day of his service, he completes his painting while her husband is away and with the time left at their disposal, the two give in to their desires, the culmination of which left me feeling blindsided as I was ill-prepared for Selena's inventive conclusion! Definitely a great story from either a horror or erotica standpoint!

Another favorite from this wonderful collection was "Slave 278" by Jennifer Campbell. It is the tale of a woman's journey into forced sexual slavery as a repercussion of her involvement in the removal of a notorious drug lord from power. Initially told 4 years into her captivity, she relates the tale of how she came to be a sex slave in the fields of a South American drug plantation with no prospect of ever leaving. The story then shifts to the present when she is called to the main house for the first time and from there her new world of sexual servitude begins to unravel. I found the story to be delightfully HOT with an unexpected FUEA (F**ked-Up-Ever-After) twist at the end! Having never read anything regarding the genre of forced sexual slavery previously, I found myself surprisingly captivated by the very idea! Learning afterward that the author herself lives as a real life sex slave gives an illuminating insight into this dark little erotic tale and has since prompted me to search out the author's other works. As this story is not a horror in the classic literary sense, I found myself caught even more off guard by the ending and as I had never conceived a story ending in such a messed up way, I found myself twisting my tablet all around looking for additional pages to gain closure! Easily my favorite story in the collection!!!

To my surprise, I really enjoyed "Rat Bait" by Piers Anthony (hugely famous in sci-fi circles) immensely despite the "unique" take on the subject matter! While not a fan of creature erotica on the whole, I found the main character's transition from vile, and somewhat graphic, degradation to complete masochistic yearning in a word ... intense!!! I was repulsed and turned on both at the same time! A strangely conflicting feeling that really sold this story in the end! I could not stop reading it and I am sure to read it again!

While the above three are the obvious standouts for me, I would be remiss if I did not at least mention the wonderfully different fembot story, "Meeting of the Board" by D.B. Story, the tale of technology run amuck in a future world with super sexy, "fully functional" female androids taking charge, and the creature tale, "Equal Rites" by Jack Osprey, the story of a young, beautiful suffragette falling prey to a congregation of grotesque sea-worshiping mariners.

If you like the darker stories and crave a spookier element to your reading, I highly recommend this collection! It was different, fun and at moments very erotic! I am personally looking forward to hunting down other works by some of these gifted authors!

*Please note* - This anthology is currently released under the new title Scary Love ( )
  Voivode1456 | May 4, 2016 |

Erotic horror stories that will steal you - heart, body and soul!

Selena Kitt is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,860,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible