For Love of the Duke by Christi Caldwell

For Love of the Duke

by Christi Caldwell

I have loved historical romances since I was 13 when I picked up my very first book. But no book has moved me, made me cry or made me laugh as much as this book. I can honestly say that Christi Caldwell has fast become one of my favorite authors.

This is a story of two hurt people. Katherine was hurt but her fathers drinking and gambling and her mothers indifference towards her. Jasper is hurt by his now dead, selfish and callous parents and the death of his wife. One fateful act bring these two together, but can they survive together, or with the past destroy everything before it can start.

As I said before, this book is wonderful, beautifully written, the plot it seamless and you really just get caught up in the magic of the book. I love Jasper and Katherine’s characters, they are not perfect, which I find refreshing. I also love Anne and Guilford, hopefully they get their own books too ( )
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |

After the tragic death of his wife, Jasper, the 8th Duke of Bainbridge buried himself away in the dark cold walls of his home, Castle Blackwood. When he's coaxed out of his self-imposed exile to attend the amusements of the Frost Fair, his life is irrevocably changed by a fateful meeting with Lady Katherine Adamson. With her tight brown ringlets and silly white-ruffled gowns, Lady Katherine Adamson has found her dance card empty for two Seasons. After her father's passing, Katherine learned the unreliability of men, and is determined to depend on no one, except herself. Until she meets Jasper... In a desperate bid to avoid a match arranged by her family, Katherine makes the Duke of Bainbridge a shocking proposition-- one that he accepts. Only, as Katherine begins to love Jasper, she finds the arrangement agreed upon is not enough. And Jasper is left to decide if protecting his heart is more important than fighting for Katherine's love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,614,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible