Fairy Tale Christmas by Michael McLean

Fairy Tale Christmas

by Michael McLean

521,436,638 (3.17)None

Fairy Tale Christmas is best summed up as cute. There is a good message (aka moral lesson) about giving, though.

"'It's the magic of giving and helping and sharing that's changing you. You've been touched by the spirit of Christmas,' he explained."

The one thing I really enjoyed about this little book was the idea that after someone reads a fairy tale, the magic that creates, manifests as the fairy-tale heroes' and heroines' happy ending. The villains hate the endings, of course, and want to be able to tell their own stories. Thus, this story's conflict.

All the princesses, princes, and villains are heavily influenced by Disney: the "good" guys are super sweet and extremely polite; the "bad" guys are fumbling idiots who come across almost like children with all their in-fighting and spotlight hogging. And I'll admit to being slightly annoyed when, the princesses were asking Snow White how she keeps her skin looking lovely, "[t]he princes rolled their eyes and began talking about hunting dragons and other more manly activities."

Recommended only to young readers, 12 and under. It might be too cute and childish for others.

3 stars

"But he was also smiling because these questions were confirming his belief that there was good in everyone; that inside the darkest of oyster shells was where the best pearls were to be found. He then went on to explain the truth about Christmas magic to the Clandestines: to keep those feelings, they must continue doing kind things."

Wanna listen to a song from the villains' musical? Go here. ( )
  flying_monkeys | Dec 16, 2016 |
4 STARS

This is a charming book. l liked it. I am sure many families will want to add it to their libraries. It is one parents can read to their kids and older kids can read and enjoy it too.

I liked the illustrations by Jason Quinn too.

The Villains from a few fairy tales have gotten together to get revenge. They are tired of always losing to the heroes. They want to win.

The book even has songs and a web site that you can hear the songs at FairyTaleChristmasMusical.com
But as 10/05/2014 is not up yet and working.

Jack is my favorite hero or maybe Pinocchio or? Now who was my favorite villain? I have a hard time spelling his real name but he is undercover working as an elf. He is very talented and can spin gold from straw.

The setting for this book is North Pole, Cinderella's castle and all around the world.

I will enjoy reading this book with my nieces or maybe some future Grandchildren down the far road. Because my baby at 24 likes to read her own books.

For a fun new Christmas Fairy tale this hits the spot.

I will read more from Michael and Scott McLean in the future.

I was given this book to read so I can give an honest review of Fairy Tale Christmas and be part of it's blog tour. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Nov 6, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible