Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie

Ancillary Mercy

by Ann Leckie

Series: Imperial Radch (3)

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Both are optimistic space operas that focus on the characters and their relationships.

English (62)  French (1)  All (63)
o/ ( )
  hatpin | Jun 17, 2018 |
What should be a gripping conclusion finally laying out the mysteries from earlier in the series starts out as somewhat interesting but slowly turns into a slog through shallow dialog. This book doesn't do dialogue well enough to rely so much on speechifying. I did like Translator Zeiat, though. ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |
Loved the trilogy so much, maybe 4.5 stars for this one but that's just because book one was like 8 stars or something, so tremendous. ( )
  SuziSteffen | Feb 20, 2018 |
Once again, I'm blown away by Leckie's ability to weave a complex plot and make it accessible. I loved the writing in this one, and I loved being back with Breq, and her crew. The characters are so complex, and multi dimensional. I loved getting to know them, and figuring them out with Breq and others. I also just enjoyed the overall plot, and how all the threads worked together.
The world Leckie has built is so interesting and I really enjoyed the intricacies and how the characters manipulated each other based on the rules of the Raadch. The political side to this saga was so good. I'm just gushing so I'm going to end this here, but you need to go out and read this trilogy. ( )
  jdifelice | Jan 20, 2018 |
The all female pronoun/roll writing still feels like a crowbar in my brain and and I want to know who is male and who female event though the viewpoint character is not even human and has inhabited bodies of any available gender. I can’t even remember which of the on world characters who do use gendered pronouns are which. A pretty good read, but not like the first. ( )
  quondame | Dec 27, 2017 |

Ann Leckieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Benshoff, KirkCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
One moment asleep.

Spaceship friendships bloom;
Station joins in too, helping;
Thwart the evil Lord.
(pickupsticks)

"For a moment, things seemed to be under control for Breq, the soldier who used to be a warship. Then a search of Athoek Station's slums turns up someone who shouldn't exist, and a messenger from the mysterious Presger empire arrives, as does Breq's enemy, the divided and quite possibly insane Anaander Mianaai--ruler of an empire at war with itself"--Page 4 of cover. In the stunning conclusion to the Imperial Radch trilogy, a search of Athoek Station's slums turns up someone who shouldn't exist. A messenger from the mysterious Presger empire arrives, as does Breq's enemy, the divided and quite possibly insane Anaander Mianaai, ruler of an empire at war with itself. Breq refuses to flee with her ship and crew, because that would leave the people of Athoek in terrible danger. The odds aren't good, but that's never stopped her before.… (more)

Ann Leckie is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,468,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible