TAG by Shari J Ryan

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I liked this one, although it's definitely not a favorite. I was happy that Cali and Tango (when he's not being called Tango) had realistic names. Although the action and drama are a bit unrealistic, the characters were well-written in my opinion. Despite a couple of eye rolls and a very unsurprising ending, the plot was interesting and kept me curious throughout. I would recommend this is a good summer read for those who want something light. ( )
  LoriBivens | May 22, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When I first started reading Tag, I admit I was a bit sceptical upon learning that Cali and Tango, the two main characters, were searching for Cali's father to obtain a cure he had for cancer. Generally, the "scientific" explanations detailing how the so-called cures work detracts from the "read" for me in most books containing similar far-reaching plot twists.
However, I was pleasantly surprised! Ms. Ryan did an excellent job, not only providing a plausible explanation for said cancer cure, she didn't attempt to go into explicit detail so as not to distract the reader from the true story of Cali and Tango and their journey together towards learning to trust one another. The plot was well developed, containing enough action, twists and turns that held your attention and made you want to keep reading that I think anyone would appreciate. She had me questioning the characters true motives almost until the very end.
I do admit the ending of the novel was a bit weird to me. It was almost anti-climactic, but all in all, it was a very good read. ( )
  GeniaRiddick | Feb 20, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an advance review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Mother’s words to live by, “Know everyone. Trust no one.” The author grabbed my undivided attention right from the beginning and held it throughout. This book is full of romance, suspense, thrills, and adventure and the author kept me guessing right up until the end. I did have a suspicion about the ending when Cali collapsed at breakfast, but the author didn’t let us know until the amazingly happy ending which resolved everything. I loved the way the author wrote about an amazing cure for cancer. It would be sooo wonderful if such a cure for cancer could be found. I recommend reading this amazing book. ( )
1 vote iadam | Jan 18, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is the story of a young woman, Cali, who has been running basically most of her life due to her father's line of work and things he has done. She's lost her mother and sister and can't trust anyone. She has learned to take care of herself and enjoys taking revenge on those who have done her and/or her sister wrong. The plot is not too complicated so I don't want to give anything away, but it is an easy read and I enjoyed it. There was enough action to keep me interested, some twists in the story, and of course I always enjoy a good romance. Although the reference to the title "Tag" was mentioned two times, they meant different things so I was a bit confused about what that had to do with the story...so if I had one complaint it would be that the title had more relevance to the story. I would recommend this book and look forward to reading others by Shari Ryan. ( )
  LizBuckley | Jan 18, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Romance and Suspense all in one. This book had my interest from the first chapter. Cali goes through more in one year than most people go through in a lifetime. Cali feels all alone in the world. Her mother dies of cancer, her sister is murdered in front of her. Her father is in hiding. Cali has been taught to trust no-one. She breaks this rule when she meets Tango.
They join together for a life saving mission. It's Cali and Tango against the world.
This is the first book I have read by Shari Ryan. It won't be my last! I loved the fact that this book is a stand alone (no cliffhangers). I could go on and on about this book I don't want any spoilers for anyone. I highly recommend you read this book. ( )
  Digilormo | Jan 13, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Shari J Ryan's book Tag was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,470,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible