Wrath of the Gods (Star Crusades Nexus Book…

Wrath of the Gods (Star Crusades Nexus Book 8)

by Michael G. Thomas

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byperjonsson, davidt50

As usual with this book series this book is combat, combat and then some more combat. The Biomechs are attacking on a grand scale and there is fighting in space and fighting on the planets. There is really not much more to this book than combat.

Of course there is a thread involving Spartan and a plan to “end the Biomech threat once and for all” but this is more something that is lurking in the shadows compared to all the action in the book. The action is well written as usual so it is enjoyable reading but I have to say that sometimes it gets a bit repetitive.

Unfortunately dumbass politicians pops up in the middle of the book and makes a valiant effort to screw everyone with their shortsightedness and strife for personal political gains. That was a bit of a downer but luckily the military commanders had a bit more backbone than said politicians. Not that this would be very difficult of course.

The book ended in a huge cliffhanger and I really think it is a shame when authors feel they have to resort to this. Some loose ends to keep the interest going is fine but cliffhanger a’la cheap TV-show is not something that I find very enjoyable.

I was hesitating quite a bit when it came to rate this book. It is a good book but personally I feel it falls short of being a really great book. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads but I could have given half stars I would probably have given it 3 1/2 stars.
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,744,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible