Town In A Sweet Pickle by B.B. Haywood

Town In A Sweet Pickle

by B.B. Haywood

241443,774 (4)None

From the cozy coastal charm, to the delightful cast of characters (More Herr Georg, please B.B.!), the Candy Holliday Mystery series has been one of my go to series since I started reading cozy mysteries several years ago. I was an instant fan with the first book, TOWN IN A BLUEBERRY JAM, and I have read every book in the series since.

TOWN IN A SWEET PICKLE is the sixth installment and one of my favorites (after the first two). It was filled with action and fast paced chapters. So much happened in this story, it made my head spin (in a good way)!

I also love all the celebrations Cape Willington is famous for. This time it was a cooking contest which was a lot of fun, well it was until poisoned pickles turned up. While bad for the characters, it was a good thing for us readers because it led to a great mystery.

Author Haywood also brings out a continuing sub-story that has been building since the first book.

Readers will also enjoy the delicious recipes and helpful canning tips that are included.

I really enjoyed my time with Candy, her father, and friends and look forward to my next visit to Cape Willington. ( )
  LisaKsBookReviews | Feb 1, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425252639, Mass Market Paperback)

“Good food . . . Endearing characters.”—Sheila Connolly, New York Times bestselling author

In the quiet coastal community of Cape Willington, Maine, Candy Holliday is a local farmer who dutifully tends to her blueberry fields—and steps in to solve the occasional murder . . .

When Candy organizes a cooking event for her local newspaper, the town’s most prominent citizens turn out to witness the popular cookbook author Julia von Fleming serve as a guest judge. But when Julia comes close to consuming a poisoned pickle, she begins to suspect someone in Cape Willington is trying to kill her—and Candy is completely jarred to be among the suspects.

But the first taste was just a sample, and soon more jars of poisoned pickles begin to pop up around town. In the face of a pickled poisoning spree, Candy will have to track down the culprit to make sure her own name stays well-preserved. Along the way, she’ll pull the lid off a briny barrel of blackmail, thievery, and revenge that’s been souring their seaside hometown for years…

INCLUDES DELICIOUS RECIPES!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:43 -0400)

"In the quiet coastal community of Cape Willington, Maine, Candy Holliday is a local farmer who dutifully tends to her blueberry fields--and steps in to solve the occasional murder... When Candy organizes a cooking event for her local newspaper, the town's most prominent citizens turn out to witness the popular cookbook author Julia von Fleming serve as a guest judge. But when Julia comes close to consuming a poisoned pickle, she begins to suspect someone in Cape Willington is trying to kill her--and Candy is completely jarred to be among the suspects. But the first taste was just a sample, and soon more jars of poisoned pickles begin to pop up around town. In the face of a pickled poisoning spree, Candy will have to track down the culprit to make sure her own name stays well-preserved. Along the way, she'll pull the lid off a briny barrel of blackmail, thievery, and revenge that's been souring their seaside hometown for years"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,586,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible