Spitting Daisies & Communicating Through the…

Spitting Daisies & Communicating Through the Sunset: Two one act plays

by Kerri Kochanski

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bykgazoo, MyPenNameOnly

The following is my honest review for a copy of this book that I won as a giveaway on GoodReads.

The reason I decided to enter the drawing for this book is that I’ve never read any sort of play before except for the Shakespeare ones in Junior and Senior High School. And I’ve found the experience of reading these two one-act plays by Kerri Kochanski a wonderful experience.

In Spitting Daisies, the story reminds me of the days in New York City when the IRT line trains had no air conditioning and some could actually stick at least part of their heads through an open window. The conversation between a boy [Frank] and a girl could have been an actual one between them. Two students both going to one of the colleges there, where one saw the another, while the other doesn’t imagine anyone would be noticing her with all the real beautiful women there; beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, which is a theme I saw prevalent here. This creates “conflict” between the two, while at the same time Frank believes he’s helping the girl, the girl is in fact saving Frank’s life. When they both realize the truth between them, the girl hugs Frank in an increasing embrace.

In the second one-act play Rachel has to come to the reality of what had actually happen when she had been a little girl and what she did when she became the victim of incest by a male member of her family. She also needs to create a new image in her mind of who she is in order to move on with her life and with a relationship with Frankie who wants to find the Rachel she’s been hiding because of her dark past.

As I said in the beginning of my review I found reading these two one-act plays a wonderful experience which is why I giving this endeavor by Ms. Kochanski 5 STARS.

Robin Leigh Morgan is the author of “I Kissed a Ghost,” a MG/YA Paranormal romance novel. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Nov 8, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,033,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible