Prosecco Pink by Traci Andrighetti
731,138,814 (4.25)None

PI, murder, mystery, psychics, ghosts, NOLA

What's not to like? An ex cop working with her bestie as a PI in NOLA, a pesky meddling family, murders on an old plantation, and lots of situational and verbal humor. Toss in a nasty secretary digging her claws into Frankie's boyfriend, death threats, and a medium who's afraid of ghosts, and you have a really excellent read. Oh, don't forget the ex stripper landlady!
I got the audio edition, and Madeline Mrozek really knows how to interpret the characters to perfection. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Mar 13, 2017 |
4 STARS

Franki Amato is back in her second book. Franki is a P.I. working in New Orleans for her friend Veronica Maggio. She is smart, jealous, & has a funny family. Unless you have one like hers.
Full of interesting characters.

Bradley Hartmann has been dating Franki. He is a bank executive. He is always working late especially on days they have dates planned. His new assistant is a beautiful sexy woman who is trying to steal him away.

physic has a message from a ghost for her, Franki is asked to solve a murder, There is a missing pink diamond, Land lady is a stripper. Her Sicilian grandma is trying to plan her engagement party( She is not engaged) behind her back. Her boss is behaving different. It all combines to be a fun light hearted murder mystery.

It is full of troubles for Franki. Lots of drama ,action and murder in this book. Also lots of laughter.

The setting for this book is New Orleans. also a lot is set in a old plantation with ghosts.

I was given Prosecco Pink to read so I could give a honest review of it and be part of it's blog tour. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 24, 2015 |
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour for a fair and honest review. I rated it 4.5 out of 5 Stars.

Colorful characters, antebellum mansions and life in the Big Easy take center stage in Prosecco Pink, Traci Andrighetti’s newest addition to the Franki Amato Mystery series. Picking up shortly where the first book, Limoncello Yellow, left off, we find Franki knee deep in mud and fending off alligators while keeping an eye on Bradley Hartmann, new boyfriend and bank executive. When Franki’s boss, and best friend, Veronica Maggio puts her in charge of solving the murder of a cosmetics CEO, Franki finds herself on a haunted plantation fending off ghosts and trying to solve a crime involving pink lip gloss and employees dropping like flies.

Ms. Andrighetti does a good job continuing to develop characters in this series; while Franki is a little bit odd, she’s a fun character who always gets herself in outrageous situations and you can’t help but like her. She also has an obsession with eating and food, something I can relate to. I also enjoyed how Ms. Andrighetti continues to develop the secondary characters in this series; especially Nonna, Franki’s matchmaking grandma and Glenda, Frank’s sixty something landlady, who has some of the best dialogue in the entire book.

While Franki’s love life with Bradley should be stable and secure; we see Franki’s insecurity kicked into high gear because of his new sexy secretary. While she swears she trusts Brad, she admits she just can’t trust a secretary who’s too perfect to be true. While dealing with her emotional issues, Franki refuses to deal with a haunted mansion and hires Chandra, a medium, to deal with the ghost. Only this being Franki, she’s hired a medium who’s afraid of ghosts. Fortunately they do find a way to work together and I really enjoyed meeting Chandra.

Will Franki discover who killed the CEO and what the pink lip gloss and legend of the pink diamond have to do with her case? Will Franki’s Nonna and her romantic meddling send Bradley running for cover? You’ll have to read Prosecco Pink to find out. I enjoyed it and look forward to reading Franki’s next case. ( )
  MariaD. | Jan 22, 2015 |

Traci Andrighetti is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,813,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible