Walking on Her Grave by Melinda Leigh

Walking on Her Grave

by Melinda Leigh

In this fourth and final book in the Rogue River series we finally get all the answers to who has been behind all the death and drugs in Solitude. I admit to possibly yelling “I knew it” when the reveal came. But before that happens there are a lot more tense moments as Seth and Carly try to figure out who is behind it all and also try and put their marriage back together.

Melinda Leigh and Kendra Elliot are two of my favorite suspense authors and it was a treat to have them both team up for this serial series. Each author had a separate couple they wrote about but yet each book followed the murders and drug plot that tied them together. I enjoyed the series and as always look forward to reading more from them.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Lots of action and suspense with this last installment of the Rogue River series. Danger and murder can be found in a small town. The conclusion of the story was not surprising but the process of getting there was entertaining. I had a gut feeling that the matriarch was involved. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
I've just finished Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River #4) by Melinda Leigh, and despite all my hope that the series would finish with an exciting conclusion, I was disappointed. Overall I found the series of novellas neither romantic nor suspenseful. There is a main plot that is spread across all four novellas that is tied up in this installment, in a rather quick and superficial way.

Out of my 4 major complaints about this series, I think my biggest one is the story is written in a very simple language. The story lacks depth of plot, descriptive language, the suspense that makes you not want to put the book down, or the romantic angle that just has you hoping the couple will be OK and survive the danger the book entails.

There are two “romantic” subplots in the story – Stevie coming back home and the attraction between she and Zane, and Carly (Stevie’s sister) and her husband Seth. Both romances are superficial, with little animal magnetism, connection, or convincing action between the couples. Yes, the couples kiss and maybe hold hands but beyond that it seems more like working relationships, as their jobs cross paths with each other. Neither subplot is resolved throughout the 4 novellas.

The mystery, suspense, crime element of the story (which I will not share), had the potential to be much better. There are several deaths of local town folk throughout the novellas, reoccurring roles of primary and lead secondary characters, but in the end we know very little about the characters. The reader is given just enough info to be a place holder for the character. I also wondered why outside officials like the FBI or DEA weren't included in the investigation, if this was such a BIG problem in the town of Solitude and out towards the Oregon coast, why the local law enforcement officials handled it all.

Overall, I wish there had been a more in depth plot, better characters portrayals, more convincing romances, and better writing.

I was give this novella by NetGalley on behalf of Montlake Romance for an honest review. The expected publication date is Nov 18,2014

For me this was a 1.75 to 2.0 star read
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Carly and Seth

This Rogue River Series was good. Nice couples with HFN relationships and a very good mystery murder/drug-ring threaded through all four books.

I am getting very sick of one book's worth of story spread across several Novella!! ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
This was the final book in this new series by Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh and I have enjoyed each and every book. Was kept guessing till the end, which is what I like! I received a copy of this ARC through NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. ( )
  Debra_Burge | Apr 24, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible