Happily Never After by Jack Heckel

Happily Never After

by Jack Heckel

611,268,033 (4)None

I read this as part of the collected volume A Fairy-tale Ending, and am reviewing them separately and together.

When the previous book left off, the cast was scattered to the winds. Heckel twists and twines fairy tales in clever new ways that made me laugh aloud more than once. In particular, I was amused by the take on the Seven Dwarves and the very meta, carefully-veiled references to Disney, complete with footnotes. The role of the Beast brought depth and revelation to the tale, too. Overall, the mood is downright fluffy, and that was perfect since I was fighting a migraine. I wanted something to make me smile, with a guaranteed happy ending, and this absolutely delivered. ( )
  ladycato | Jun 25, 2016 |
Also in the omnibus A Fairy Tale Ending. Please do NOT combine.

Once upon, once again …

The dragon has been slain, but the problems have just begun for Prince Charming.

Disowned by his father, the King, and abandoned by his only friend, William Pickett, Charming must find a new path in life—but he's going to need a lot of help. His love, Liz, barely survived an assassination attempt; his former fling, Rapunzel, is in danger; and William is under an evil spell cast by Princess Gwendolyn.

The fate of Castle White hangs in the balance as Charming tries to find himself, while finding new allies along the way—including an odd number of dwarfs (or is it dwarves?) and a reformed beast. But he's running out of time to stop royally ruinous wedding bells from ringing … [retrieved from Amazon.com 8/18/2016]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,167,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible