Untamed (Long, Tall Texans) by Diana Palmer

Untamed (Long, Tall Texans)

by Diana Palmer

Stanton Rourke is a South African mercenary who's cold, dangerous and good at his job. But despite this hard shell, Rourke has been in love with one women his whole life, the one women he was told he could never have… Tat aka Clarissa Carrington.

Tat had loved Rourke since she was 17, but after one kiss he turned cold against her, and ripped her to pieces every time she was near him, which was frequent, as Tat was a journalist and every time she was in danger, Rourke was there to get her out alive.

But finally Rourke find out the truth, and goes after Tat to try and make up for all of the pain he has caused her over the years! And just when it looks like Rourke and Tat are going to get their happy ending, Rourke gets injured and loses his memory and casts a pregnant Tat back out of his world.

Tat marries a friend, who protects Tat against being an unwed mother, but when he is murder and Tat nearly dies, she need Rourke more now than ever…and you are left hoping he gets his memory back before he loses Tat forever.

I have been waiting for Rourke books for YEARS and it does not disappoint me in any way shape or form. I loved seeing the softer side of Rourke character and the way he saved a child that he didn't know was his. Tat's character was sweet, kind and I will have to admit, far more understanding than I am, when she accepts Rourke into her life, after years of heartbreak.

The twists and turns in the storyline certainly kept us on our toes! And I will fully admit, that one of the characters that was in an assassin was a complete surprise! And I'm glad we finally got confirmation over just whom Rourke real father is. The writing was perfect and everything that I have come to expect from Diana Palmer.

I give Untamed 5 stars and one great big FINALLY!! ( )
  Cara_Ross | Aug 27, 2016 |
Untamed by Diana Palmer is a 2015 HQN publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! Diana Palmer has some ungodly amount of books under her belt and I have read some of them over the years, but this one was not very good.

A lie drove Rourke and “Tat” apart once, but when the truth is revealed it opens the way for them to finally find happiness, but a dangerous mission robs Rourke of his memory, and once again he pushes Tat away. It looks like all is lost for them star crossed lovers...

This one has a romantic suspense element to it which was why I requested it from Netgalley. There were some interesting and tense moments of danger, but the plot was too sudsy for my taste and Rourke was such a jerk for so much of the book, I couldn't feel the love between him and Tat no matter what their history was. As I said before, I have read books by this author in the past, and she does have a tendency to cast her heroes in a very heavy handed way, making him mean almost to the point of cruelty, which was a trend way back in the day, but frankly this guy's language and initial treatment and accusations toward Tat bordered on emotional, mental, and verbal abuse. But, I did try to keep in mind that this has been a trademark for this author for many years, and tried to keep from taking it too seriously. Although there were references to current day technology here and there, the book has an old school, or dated feel to it, almost like it was a reissue, although I know it's not.

I don't mind plot twist where the lovers get together at lost last , but are once more torn apart, if it's plausible. In this case it was an insult to my intelligence and while I disliked Rourke in the first part of the book, in the second part, it was Tat who caused my irritation.

So, over all I was not a fan of the characters in the book, the plot was overly dramatic and implausible.
The writing, especially for a seasoned author, was terrible. Lots of repetition, and while I realize this is an ARC, it seemed like this book has not been to see an editor at all. So, unless you are a huge and loyal fan of this author, I would advise you to give this one a pass. ( )
  gpangel | Jul 12, 2015 |
This is the story of Stanton Rourke, a mercenary, and his childhood friend, Clarisse Carrington. Amnesia, some suspense when one of the characters is targeted to be killed, and reconnecting with familiar characters in Jacobsville, Texas are all elements of what could have been an interesting story. Unfortunately, poor writing with a lot of repetition made this a book I did not enjoy. Review based on an ARC received from NetGalley. ( )
  jo2son | Jun 8, 2015 |

Gloss Flap Matte Headline

Gloss Flap Matte Author photo

Gloss Spine Matte Author & Title SP

EMBOSS & FOIL (and gloss) AUTHOR & TITLE LUXOR 361

Overall Matte FC & BC

?

?

Stanton Rourke lives life on the edge. The steely South African mercenary is dangerous in every way…especially to Clarisse Carrington's heart. She and Rourke were playmates as children, but she's not the innocent girl he once knew. When tragedy robbed Clarisse of her entire family, her life was changed forever. Besides, she's a grown woman now, and there are secrets that hold her back from succumbing to her pursuer. As she struggles to keep her distance, sparks as hot as a Texas summer fly between them. But danger is following Clarisse, leaving her no choice but to rely on Rourke, even as the old wounds lying dormant between them flare up again…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:18 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,909 books! | Top bar: Always visible