The Woman In The Trunk (A Crime Thriller) by…

The Woman In The Trunk (A Crime Thriller)

by Theo Cage

751,138,814 (4.63)None

No tags.

I was given a free copy for an honest review.

This was a short story about a "junk shop" couple and a piece of jewelry that is unknowingly worth a lot of money. A Syrian man finds the jewerly and knows how much it is worth, but the husband stubbornly refuses to sell it.

The story was very easy to figure out from the get-go when the detective tells the woman her father was murdered. It is well-written, however. ( )
  lesindy | Apr 18, 2015 |
Here we go again - another Theo Cage novella/short story. I have read almost all of his stories/books and I continually seem to always really enjoy them. Enjoy is a strange word to describe books in the horror genre but it is applicable here - again. Mr Cage is a master at intrigue and delving into the minds of his characters. This novella kept me on the edge of my seat (in a figurative ay) and I read it in one sitting which is how I recommend you read it as well. It is a crisp storyline with plenty of action especially for a 48 page story. I don't want to say much more since about anything I could say may spoil the read. Suffice it to say that, unless you are a fantasy or romance junkie, you will almost certainly enjoy this tale. More importantly, this novella will give you the Theo Cage writing experience so that you will search out the rest of his writings. He is an engaging author. ( )
  honoliipali | Dec 26, 2014 |
I was given a free copy for an honest review.

lesindy | Dec 19, 2014 |
The Woman in the Trunk by Theo Cage:

Only 20,000 words, and this story packs as big a punch as a full length novel. A store proprietor and his bimbo (or not) wife, a Benghazi immigrant, an off-duty cop and sheer lucky instincts, make this offbeat story interesting. There's murder and mayhem...a half-witted kidnapping....a comfortable love story....laugh-out-loud moments...everything you could possibly want from a book that you can probably read in an hour or so. I thoroughly enjoy the author's excellent vocabulary, and his seamless and compelling storytelling ability. This is the second book of his that I've read, and Theo Cage is quickly becoming one of my go-to authors. ( )
  LizaRobbins | Dec 11, 2014 |
Have you ever dreamed of finding something worth a fortune at a junk store? Our hero does. He finds himself a trinket worth millions buried in a thrift shop. Only problem the owner of the shop won't sell it she is sentimentally attached to it. How far would you go to save your life to keep your family together? You might start with a simple B&E and eventually end up with kidnapping. Things might seriously go wrong.Our fortune hunter blindly wandered into the middle of an ongoing murder investigation which involved a very gruesome revenge killing and one of the key suspects in the case is in the truck of his car. What should he do? What happens next sorry i don't give spoilers you'll have to buy the book the Women in the Trunk to find out!!!!! ( )
  Georgiann | Dec 1, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Theo Cage's book The Woman In The Trunk was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Theo Cage is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,125,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible