Quilters Questions: A Book of Curious…

Quilters Questions: A Book of Curious Queries

by Kyra E. Hicks

139723,089 (4)2

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book contains many interesting questions many of which I wouldn't have thought of myself. Great book to just open, read a question, and ponder the answers. While most questions were thought provoking, there are more questions about sex and prisons than necessary.
  Foretopman | May 2, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not what I expected - but quite thought-provoking! Made me realize that I am not the quilter I think I was. But, definitely, gave me some much needed encouragement. Thank you, Kyra, for this wonderful treasure. ( )
  lucaslibrary | Apr 30, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am a quilter and was excited to get this book. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. It is a book of a list of questions, so it is EXACTLY as stated. I guess I didn't really think someone would write a book of questions. Here are a few examples of questions from the book.
# 165 - You are looking at quilts on eBay.com and come across a quilt you stitched for a friend as a gift. What do you do? How would you feel if the quilt had been commissioned?
# 225 - Is guild membership important to your quiltmaking? Why or why not?
# 315 - "I only quilt on days that end in y" is a popular quilting adage. what is your favorite quilting quotation?
# 54 - How, if at all, do you share what you've learned about quiltmaking with others?

You can see that these questions are interesting and there are 322 of them in all. Space is also included to write your own quilters questions. I can see this book used at guild meetings or sewing bees or on quilting websites. There may be other ways to use this book that I haven't thought of. In any case, even though this isn't what I expected, I think it is still an interesting book. I'll be keeping it around. ( )
  Auj | Feb 21, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book wasn't quite what I thought it would be but it still turned out to be a good read. As a quilter I hadn't thought much about why I quilt or how it has impacted my life but the questions in this book make you think through those things.

Definitely a good buy for a quilt guild to use in meetings, Quilters Questions has hundreds of questions you can pose to fellow quilters to open up a conversation. My favorite question was "Is the monetary value of your fabric stash greater or less than the amount currently in your savings account?" I'm not directly answering that, but lets just say if my stash was smaller the savings account would be larger. :-) ( )
  ShawnMarie | Feb 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Quilters Questions is a novelty item that I would typically expect to see displayed near the cashier's desk in any well-stocked quilt shop. The questions in the book might make for fun conversation starters at a guild meeting or during a quilting bee. ( )
  btuckertx | Jan 31, 2015 |

Do you know a curious quilter? Or maybe you're a curious quilter yourself. There is no book quite like Quilters Questions: A Book of Curious Queries.

Whether you're a modern quilter, art quilter, traditional quilter or storytelling quilter, this book of questions is for you! Packed with fun, insightful and thought-provoking questions, Quilters Questions features more than 300 open-ended queries that probe feelings and opinions across a broad range of quilting-related topics, including quilter identity, motivation, fabric obsession, sewing friends, quilt designs and much more.

Quilters Questions is a tremendous amount of fun for quilters of all ages and experience levels:
* Written by a quilter for quilters
* Easy to pick up, hard to put down
* Hours of endless fun
* Explores every aspect of quilting and a quilter's life... even sex!
* Thought-provoking and light-hearted questions expertly mixed for a captivating read
* Ideal as an icebreaker or group activity for quilting guilds

What kind of curious questions can you expect?
* Would you accept $25,000 to stop quilting forever? What if the offer was only $2,000?
* Can you just look at a quilt and know a male quilter stitched it? How?
* Do you need one or two hands to count on your fingers the number of sewing machines you own?
* Would you consider sewing a hidden camera into a quilt to monitor someone? Why or why not?
* What would you put into a time capsule to commemorate your quilt making?
* What do you give the quilter who has everything?

Discover endless hours of fun with Quilters Questions, a one-of-a kind quilting quiz book!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:53 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kyra E. Hicks's book Quitlers Questions: A Book of Curious Queries was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Kyra E. Hicks is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,341,303 books! | Top bar: Always visible