Home Tweet Home by Courtney Dicmas

Home Tweet Home

by Courtney Dicmas

I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a creative, and adorable way to teach young children about different textures of animals. I think it was also a really cute story to convey the message of "there's no place like home".

To summarize, this book is about a huge family of cave swallows that live in a nest that is too small for the 10 of them. The two oldest siblings in the family go out venturing one night for a bigger home for them and their siblings. On their way, they encounter many different animals with different colors and textures. Eventually, the swallows end up returning to their nest unsuccessful, but pleased to be back in their familiar place.

I also really enjoy the illustrations and physical layout of the book. It's super colorful, visually appealing and the personality of the characters are really relatable, and pretty humorous. I would love to read this while going over a lesson about the senses or animals. ( )
  gabitouriel | Jan 17, 2017 |
Two siblings from large family unsuccessfully search for less crowded home and return to brood. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
I loved Home Tweet Home for two main reasons. First, I loved the illustrations of the book. I loved how the setting and supporting characters were dull colors like blues and greys; and the main characters, the birds, were very bright and colorful. I also loved how each bird had a different personality. One loved karate, another played the drums, and another loved to sing. This was a very cute and whimsical story.
The main message of the story is that there is no place like home. You can travel all over the world, and visit different places, but no matter where you go, it’s great to come back home. ( )
  Jillian_Magee | Nov 9, 2014 |

Pippi and Burt are tired of sharing their crowded nest with eight noisy little siblings, so off they fly to see the big, wide world and find a new home. But when they encounter all sorts of big, scary, hungry creatures, Pippi and Burt realize their crowded old nest is the best home of all. Here is an ideal story for anyone who appreciates the riotous joys (and challenges) of a large, rowdy family. It’s a funny and warm tribute to both the thrill of adventure and the love of home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:30 -0400)

Cave swallows Burt and Pippi, tired of being crowded by their eight siblings, set out to find a bigger nest but discover that traveling is good, but coming home is better.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,634,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible