Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope) by Jody…

Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope)

by Jody Hedlund

Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund What a sweet story this book is. Emma and her brother Ryan start out on a steamer boat. They are attack by pirates. Emma see that the steam boat catch fire. Emma and Ryan jump into the lake and are now trying to survive. Patrick see the steam boat catch fire.

Things start to happen once they arrive to the island. Patrick is in need of a wife to watch over his son Joisah. There are secrets and a romance and a traveling preachers believe they may be answers to each other problems. Can they find the true meaningful word of wife and husband. Will Emma find her own home? Though for having faith you need to believe in god himself and not believe in people. You can not put all your faith in people you love to have all that you need. Does Patrick, Emma or Ryan find that faith? Do they find Joisah? To know these answer and more you need to read the book. Will Patrick get over his Past? ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |

Lindz2012 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I loved this book that had lighthouses, romance and pirates, as well as a spiritual component to it without being preachy. I hope to read more of this author's books in the future. ( )
  eliorajoy | Oct 1, 2015 |
Lighthouses are a thing of beauty. Yet they are also to be feared and respected. The dangers of being a lightkeeper are known all too well to Patrick Garraty.

Emma Chambers has longed for nothing more than to settle down and have a home and a family. When her and her brother Ryan are stranded in Burnham's Landing, a little fishing village on Lake Huron, her dream becomes reality. Patrick Garraty, the head keeper at the Presque Isle Lighthouse, has recently lost his wife and is need of someone to help run the lighthouse as well as raise his son Josiah. Circumstances couldn't have worked out better, except when Patrick's past literally comes knocking at the door. Will his past crimes and sins destroy all that Emma has come to love? Will she be able to forgive him for his mistakes? Will they ever be able to cherish the unexpected love that has come into their lives?

Jody Hedlund has done it again! She sucked me into this story until all I could think about was what was going to happen next? I have to admit I was quite anxious the whole time I was reading Love Unexpected. Not only because I was constantly hoping that Emma and Patrick would be able to work things out, but because of the realness of the past coming back to haunt us. I believe that a lot of people have things in their past that they would prefer to be left forgotten. But as Jody touched on so accurately, when we ask the Lord's forgiveness he forgives, and forgets. Tossing our sins into the swirling waves of grace where they are dissolved and never brought back up. The only thing left for us to do is forgive ourselves and walk forward. Trusting in Him and letting Him lead our steps. Then, if our past does try to resurface, we can rest in God. Knowing that that is no longer who we are or what we do. We have been forgiven, cleansed and are His holy children. I look forward to the release of the second book in Beacons of Hope series Hearts Made Whole.

As part of their Blogger Review Program I received a free digital copy of Love Unexpected from Bethany House Publishers through Net Galley.

Check out the prequel to Love Unexpected for free! Out of the Storm ( )
  BookwormMama14 | Jun 15, 2015 |
This is a story that takes place on Presque Isle, Michigan. There is a lighthouse romance and pirates. Who would have thought there were pirates in Michigan on a Great Lake. I had never read anything about that before. This really kept my interest throughout the whole book. There were some twists and turns that helped the romance and hurt it. People need to learn to talk and listen. I really look forward to reading more in this series called Beacons of Hope. I received this through Bethany House for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Apr 29, 2015 |

Presque Isle, Michigan

What Is the Secret That Could Shipwreck Both of Their Lives?

All Emma Chambers ever wanted was a home, but when her steamboat sinks just outside Presque Isle, she's left destitute and with no place to stay.

An unlikely solution arises when the lighthouse keeper arrives in town. He's just lost his wife and is having a difficult time caring for his child. So a traveling preacher gets the idea that the keeper and Emma might be the answer to each other's dilemma. After a hasty marriage, she finds herself heading to the lighthouse with this handsome but quiet stranger. Nothing in her aimless life, though, has prepared her for parenting a rambunctious toddler, as well as managing a household.

Emma soon suspects Patrick may be hiding something from her, and then she hears a disturbing rumor about the circumstances surrounding his late wife's death. It seems as if her wish for a home and family of her own could end up leading her once more into turbulent waters.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:57 -0400)

"Shipwrecked and stranded at Presque Isle port, Emma Chambers is in need of a home. Could the widowed Great Lakes lighthouse keeper and his young son be an answer to her prayer?"--

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,691,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible