Steadfast Heart (Brides of Seattle) (Volume…

Steadfast Heart (Brides of Seattle) (Volume 1)

by Tracie Peterson

This is the first book in a new series, I already can't wait for the next one!

In this multifaceted story, you quickly get to know and become attached to the characters. It's 1888 in Seattle, Washington at Miss Madison's school for brides. Lenore comes from a wealthy family, and her father's offices are in the same building as the school. Her father feels that it is time his daughter wed, so he's scouting for a husband for her. Abrianna, Miss Madison's niece, doesn't do well learning the basic skills or social graces. Her interests lie in helping the poor and indigent; a calling from God. Each of the girls counsel the other - Lenore helps Abrianna in social skills and Abrianna helps Lenore in spiritual study.

Kolbein comes to town looking for his sister, whom he has tracked to Seattle. He comes to the school to look for her and when she's not to be found there enlists their help. Wade has been working at and coming to the school for many years and is a lifelong friend to Abrianna.

Priam wants to buy the property where the school is to expand his business, but the ladies don't wish to sell for many personal reasons. Then people are being killed and left outside their doors. Is there a connection?
Excellent read! Another book that you aren't ready for it to end.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers - Netgalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”. http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html ( )
  Robin.Willson | Jan 9, 2015 |
While Steadfast Heart wasn’t exactly what I was expecting, it was easy and quick to read. I can’t say that I loved the book because the pov constantly changed among more than two people, making it hard to really get to know the characters all that well. This book from the description was supposed to be about Lenore and Kolbein, but instead it mainly seemed to be about a woman named Abrianna and her shenanigans and charity work. And there was also a certain part of the story with Mr. Welby that didn’t go anywhere. There were a few loose ends with little to no explanation.

Lenore and Kolbein’s relationship never really had a chance to convince me of their love. They didn’t know each other and suddenly they’re in love. There was no building up to lead to a relationship or their marriage. I didn’t care for either of them, but maybe I would have if they had this book to themselves, without all the other povs.

Abrianna should have had another book dedicated to her story in just her pov. Her character was good, much more interesting than Lenore. I would love to see her with Wade. They were just friends in this book, but the romantic potential was there. They obviously would be perfect together. I didn’t feel the same about Lenore and Kolbein because nothing much was there in ways of just really knowing one another.

This is book one of the Brides of Seattle series, so I’m wondering if the issues in Steadfast Heart will be resolved in the next book. ( )
  CinaChilders | Jan 4, 2015 |
I enjoyed the friendship between Lenore and Abrianna in Steadfast Heart (Brides of Seattle, #1) by Tracie Peterson. Together they made a beautiful team. Abrianna with a lovely heart that wants to help all the less fortunate and Lenore who has the means to do so.

I loved the ladies that run the Bridal School! Everything about them makes me want to meet them.

With the lawyer Kolbein, coming to Seattle, looking for his sister Greta, who he thinks is at the Bridal School, and falling for the beautiful Lenore. Wade always looking out for Abrianna, I expected him to also announce that he was in love with her.

I was left wanting to know more at the end of the book though, like what happened with Priam Welby? A very unlikable man from the beginning. And who committed the murders of the three men close to the Bridal School? Perhaps there will be another follow-up book with the answer to these questions in it. I would just like to know if I have figured it out right.

I received an ARC (advanced readers copy) from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review rather it be good or bad. Thank you. ( )
  kykim | Dec 31, 2014 |

Despite her spoiled upbringing, twenty-year-old Lenore Fulcher isn't pretentious. She simply believes a marriage should be built on true love. Her father, however, thinks she's wasted enough time searching for the perfect husband. He wants to marry her off to one of his business partners--who is seventeen years her senior--an idea that is out of the question for Lenore.

Kolbein Booth, a young lawyer from Chicago, arrives in Seattle looking for his headstrong sister, who he believes may have answered an advertisement for mail-order brides. Sick with worry, he storms into the Madison Bridal School, demanding to see his sister, only to learn she isn't there. But Lenore Fulcher is, and something about her captures his attention.

Is this the man Lenore has been searching for? She may not have long to find out...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:31 -0400)

"In 1880s Seattle, Washington, Lenore Fulcher desires true love, while her father is intent on marrying her off to one of his business partners. When lawyer Kolbein Booth arrives searching for his sister at a finishing school for mail-order brides, he and Lenore face danger and uncertainty amidst their growing attraction"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Bethany House

3 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764213016, 0764210610, 0764213024

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,137,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible