Stranded With the Rancher by Janice Maynard

I love romance novels and especially ones that have to with ranches, cowboys, and Texas. This book fit all of these. Beth and Drew were neighbors that didn't see eye to on things. A tornado destroyed their town and they ended up stranded together during this storm. They were able to put their differences aside and work with helping the town recover. After putting aside their differences their relationship developed into a really sweet romance. A great story! ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 31, 2015 |
Very good book with an incredibly intense start. Beth and Drew have lived next door to each other for almost two years. Drew is constantly angry with her because he had wanted the land she bought for her farm. Now the traffic coming to her farmstand is stressing his high priced horses and he really wants her to sell out to him, or at least move her stand. As he confronts her yet again, a huge tornado appears in the distance. They get trapped in her storm cellar for twenty-four hours while they await rescue. And in that twenty-four hours things between them start to change.

The intensity of the storm is described with heart pounding detail. I could feel the tension as first they raced for shelter and then as the storm passed directly overhead. Once the storm passed and they discovered they were trapped, Beth's fears were easy to understand. I really liked the way that they put their animosity aside in order to support each other. With that on the back burner I liked seeing them get along with each other. It then became clear that much of their animosity had hidden an underlying attraction.

The devastation to the town of Royal was heartbreaking. I know it is a fictional town, but I've been reading TCC books for so long that it feels real. I loved seeing how everyone bands together to start the recovery process. Beth's property was heavily damaged, but with their new truce, Drew offers to let Beth stay at his home. As they work together to help the town, they grow closer and their attraction becomes too hard to resist.

I loved their attraction and seeing them try to deal with it. I liked Drew and how he made sure Beth was taken care of. He's rich and handsome and used to getting what he wants, and he wants Beth. He doesn't think anything about the differences in their backgrounds, just that he is starting to care for her very much. I got a little frustrated with Beth. She fully admits her attraction to Drew, and even that she is also starting to care for him. But she can't stop thinking about their differences. She considers herself a plowhorse next to his thoroughbred. She is always sure that whatever they have will be over as soon as he realizes that she's just not good enough for him. I liked the fact that Drew didn't give up on her until he had her convinced that they could make it work.

I enjoyed seeing Drew's brother Jed from The Untameable Texan. We get to see Jed break the news to Drew about Kimberly and the baby, and then the fun of planning their wedding. I loved the idea they came up with for the wedding and the way it all came together. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this series and seeing how Royal works together for its recovery. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Nov 11, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373733429, Mass Market Paperback)

Enemies forced together just might become lovers in USA TODAY bestselling author Janice Maynard's Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm tale.

For billionaire horse breeder Drew Farrell, the day starts with the usual argument with ornery neighbor Beth Andrews. But within minutes he and the irritating beauty are huddled together in a storm cellar praying for their lives. They call a truce…and seal it with an unexpected kiss.

They emerge to a scene of utter devastation. Their passion to rebuild is only rivaled by the very personal passion they've just discovered…until Beth's past catches up with her and a very different type of storm erupts…

Be sure to read other scandalous stories from the Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm series, only from Harlequin® Desire!

SHELTERED BY THE MILLIONAIRE by USA TODAY bestseller Catherine Mann

PREGNANT BY THE TEXAN by USA TODAY bestseller Sara Orwig

BECAUSE OF THE BABY… by Cat Schield

HIS LOST AND FOUND FAMILY by Sarah M. Anderson

MORE THAN A CONVENIENT BRIDE by USA TODAY bestseller Michelle Celmer

FOR HIS BROTHER'S WIFE by USA TODAY bestseller Kathie DeNosky

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:22 -0400)

For billionaire horse breeder Drew Farrell, the day starts with the usual argument with ornery neighbor Beth Andrews. But within minutes he and the irritating beauty are huddled together in a storm cellar praying for their lives. They call a truce...and seal it with an unexpected kiss. They emerge to a scene of utter devastation. Their passion to rebuild is only rivaled by the very personal passion they've just discovered...until Beth's past catches up with her and a very different type of storm erupts...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,647,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible