Blame The Bearer (Kingdoms Gone Book 4) by…

Blame The Bearer (Kingdoms Gone Book 4)

by Frances Pauli

93950,433 (4)None

I received an electronic copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I found this book to be surprisingly good, considering that the mobi version is very poorly formatted. The format was a huge distraction from the story.

The plot is a bit scattered. A man who yearns for a throne searches for its heir so that he can usurp them. A small battered family is torn apart by trials. And magic doesn't play favorites but goes with whatever cards will win.

I found the main character to be captivating and her choices quite real. Her backdrop was made up of the original (which I liked) and the cardboard (which I did not like).

If it has a message, I'd say it's 'Be true to yourself, but don't hope for too much. Be grateful for simple pleasures.' A decent message. ( )
  deshanya | Dec 30, 2014 |
Disclaimer: I have not read any of the previous "Kingdoms Gone" book series so forgive any insight I might not have.
****************(Spoiler Alert)******************************
The disclaimer above might make it seem why character development, in my humble opinion, seemed to lack a little. Conversely, I think that character perspective was mostly nicely detailed (i.e. thoughts, feelings e.t.c). The section of the book regarding the various tests up until Lidya willingly giving herself up for sacrifice really held my attention, mainly because of the intriguing romance tinged dynamic between herself (Lidya) and Vane. Most other sections seemed a bit generic and predictable at times. I have a thing for tragedy and would have therefore preferred Lidya's death and Vane's anguish seeing as that scenario is a bit more realistic. In addition, Miriam who is supposed to have a great part in the grand scheme of things is unfortunately less than irrelevant (besides a guide for the Heirs), her perspective might have provided better insight and a better rounded story. The same can be stated for Chance and Ami who did not seem like a challenge either way. Also, I am not sure as to why there seems to be a budding romantic interest between the Gobelin King and Lidya at the end. This was and easy read....a very easy one and I give it credit for keeping me fairly hooked. ( )
  chizyt | Nov 26, 2014 |
I thought this was a very good book. Very easy to read. I had a hard time putting it down. It really held my attention. I look forward to reading more books by Frances Pauli. ( )
1 vote ShadowLilly | Nov 21, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Frances Pauli's book Blame the Bearer was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Frances Pauli is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,004,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible