A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1) by…

A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)

by Nancy Haviland

3 stars. According to the reviews, I thought I'd love it... instead it was likeable but not outstanding. I think I'll read book 2 and see if it gets better. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Gabriel snatched up his fresh Stoli and swallowed it whole. "She's mine," he rasped through the slight burn, wishing his voice could carry to the three fucks pissing him off.

I am so glad that I bought this ebook. I was up in the wee hours of the morning finishing this book because I just couldn't put it down. I haven't really read many romance books which involve the mafia but this book will definitely change that. Not only did this book have a perfect alpha male main character but it also had some action that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Gabriel, who is no angel, is dragged back into the mafia when he promises to protect the daughter of a Russian mob boss, Eva. The two main characters, Eva and Gabriel, had great chemistry. While I really liked both of them, I have to say that I loved Gabriel. I was light-headed whenever he showed up. If you like ultra alpha males who can be a bit jealous and overprotective at times (okay, most of the time) than Gabriel is a character for you.

Not only did this book have strong main characters but it also had a ton of strong secondary characters. I pretty much loved all of the secondary characters. I feel like some of these characters have really interesting stories that I can't wait to read about later in the series. I am especially excited that the next book is about Vicente and Nika.

There were a few reasons why this didn't get 5 stars from me (Gabriel gets five stars though). Some of the action towards the end felt a bit awkward and slow moving. Also I felt like Eva's feelings towards her father changed way too fast. Those are not major problems and I still loved the book. I cannot wait to read what happens next in this series. ( )
  dpappas | Dec 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible