Number of the Beast by Max Redford

Number of the Beast

by Max Redford, Lita Stone

Series: Paladin Cycle [Max Redford] (Book 1)

I have never uttered these words, and they bother me. I could not finish this thing. I gave it a valiant effort (43%), but Number of Beast has an identity crisis.

The book was a mismatch of ideas and genres with no set direction. Number of Beast included everything, even the kitchen sink.

The authors, Redford and Stone, tries to hard to be vague in important instances while the entire book was vague. Why should I care about any of the characters?

In the opening of Chapter one, we encounter noticeable grammar errors that continue to mount. Nounless sentences, awkward sentence structures, improper punctuation (to the point I believe they are allergic to commas). Info dumps with no reason aside from the writers thought the reader was dumb, or the pair were unable to incorporate basic ideas into general plot lines.

I have read many of co-authored books, but there is a rampt mismatch of ideas in the last few I have read. Number of Beast would have benefited with more than just a copyright editor. ( )
  KariHolloway | Nov 17, 2016 |
An exciting and riveting page turner that has everything magic, paladins, love , sex, mythical beasts, and a whole realm of gods & demigoddesses. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. ( )
  epweil | Apr 21, 2015 |
This one was a struggle getting through it. Some parts would draw you in and then the authors would jump to a part that was confusing. I think that the basis of the story should have been built a little better at the beginning in order to build the characters and help settle one into the story line. ( )
  AMKee | Apr 6, 2015 |
(Kindle Edition)
Something is going down in Texas and it may be the end of the world as we know it. Powerful forces are at work to bring a cataclysm that will put Sodom and Gomorrah to shame.

This book was phenomenal. I couldn't put it down! A perfect match for anyone who enjoys science fiction and fantasy. The apocalyptic feel is just what the masses have ordered. This story pulls your emotions right to the surface. I am simply on edge waiting for the next installment.

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest ( )
  UrbanAudreyE | Feb 16, 2015 |
The book was well-written and the story was unique, but it just wasn't my type of story. ( )
  eheinlen | Jan 27, 2015 |

Redford, Maxprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stone, Litamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Murray, IanNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,373,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible