Sacrificed: Heart Beyond the Spires…

Sacrificed: Heart Beyond the Spires (Baal's Heart Book 2)

by Bey Deckard

511,436,638 (4.75)None

This series is majorly great. In the current installment, Baal's Heart of course gets into some very stressful situations. I had to stop for a breather a couple of times because I was nervous. The timeline switches from past to current, catching us up nicely. The adventures are extremely interesting. There are always clues that could possibly mean something. You never quite know where the storyline is headed. There is no downtime. This book has a bit of everything: action, mystery, angst, eroticism, BDSM, mysticism, symbolism, psychology...and a healthy dose of The Feels in my opinion."Hush, lovey. Hush, it'll be ok, Jon. Stop your fighting', it's just me. Old Tom's goin' to make things better..."
Umm, yes, please, I do need Tom to come make it better. Can I put a request in for that?
The kiss was endless, staggering. It was as if a dam had broken between the men as they strained against each other on the hard mattress. They were raw with desire and thoughts unsaid, both wanting to draw the moment out as long as they could, knowing that it might be a very long time before they had a chance to shed their skins and press their scarred hearts together again.The more I learn about Tom, the more I love him. What a sweet soul he is under all that damage."He sees the good in me, Da, plain as day. That's something' worth fighting' for. Maybe even dyin' for."
Not only do we learn more about Tom, but we find out some more about the captain's little quirk. Can't say as that I'm not troubled, but I do see some good in Baltsaros.

Jon has really changed from the last book. He's more take charge which is great, but at the same time, he isn't as innocent.

The settings are amazing, ancient fictional lands and people. The sex scenes are off the charts hot (and some are very emotional). Everything is so extremely well written. Please do yourself a favor and pick up this series immediately. I often make fan pics for books I love, but the author is an artist and has already drawn some up under art on his blog. These are so much better than anything I could make and definitely not safe for work.

If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would. 5

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/10/sacrificed-by-bey-deckar... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
added by gsc55 | editLove Bytes, Jenna (Jul 23, 2015)

added by gsc55 | editSinfully Sexy, Monique & Macky (Apr 8, 2015)

added by gsc55 | editBike Book Reviews, Becky (Dec 6, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editGGR-Review.com, Warren (Oct 30, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, SheReadsALot (Oct 23, 2014)

Bey Deckard is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible