Believe, NIV: Living the Story of the Bible…

Believe, NIV: Living the Story of the Bible to Become Like Jesus

by Randy Frazee

212495,208 (4)None

Randy Frazee, Senior Minister of Oak Hills Church, developed Believe in addition to The Story to unlock the main topics of becoming a follower of Christ. Whereas written theologies, or works of doctrine address these for a more mature, fellow believer, Believe is aiming at a seeker who like to know more about faith than a single sermon and altar call.
Believe is divided into 30 chapters. The first 10 detail the core beliefs of the Christian life. Who is God? He loves you. He committed himself to humanity, knows you and reaches out to you. What is sin? Why did Jesus Christ come to save you? Why should you believe and what do you believe if you say yes to Him?
The second 10 chapters discuss the core practices of a Christian. Love, fellowship with other believers, tithing, caring, reaching out, telling others about this good news. The final 10 chapters deal with virtues of a believer. Love, patience, kindness, etc. The reader is bathed in pieces from the Bible, not single verses, but larger chunks to get the picture clear. The accessible New International Version is used as reference. As bridges between the actual quotes from all over the Bible, in italic explanation or introduction to the next Scripture verses is provided. Basically the Bible speaks for itself, and should make the reader aware of the beliefs of a Christian and curious to read further in the Bible and practice what is teached.
Believe is unique in its structure and content. Study questions per chapter at the end of the book are useful for group reading and absorb the many lessons throughout this guide. ( )
  hjvanderklis | Mar 28, 2015 |
Believe is strategically laid out to walk you through portions of Scripture that will help you to reap in a harvest of belief.

The first ten chapters answer the question, "What do I believe?" The second ten chapters answer the question, "What should I do?" And finally the last ten chapters included is the question, "Who am I becoming?"

This book will inspire you to believe with your heart the word of God and help you to apply it to your daily living experiences. Also included, at the end of the book, are questions that can be used for a group discussion. And there are transitions, written in italic, that offer an explanation to the Scriptures.

One of the chapters I found particularly interesting was the chapter on Peace. Key idea - I Am free from anxiety because I have found peace with God, peace with others, and peace with myself.

Believe is a well organized and informative read that can be a helpful guide in exploring your faith. My rating is 4 stars.

I received a complimentary copy of Believe from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  wrbinpa | Jan 2, 2015 |

Grounded in carefully selected Scripture, Believe, NIV is a unique spiritual growth experience that takes you on a journey to think, act, and be more like Jesus. General editor and pastor Randy Frazee walks you through the ten key Beliefs of the Christian faith, the ten key Practices of a Jesus-follower, and the ten key Virtues that characterize someone who is becoming more like Jesus. Every believer needs to ask these three questions:

WHAT DO I BELIEVE?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

WHO AM I BECOMING?

Each chapter uses short topical passages from the New International Version to help you live the story of the Bible. As you journey through this book, whether in a group or on your own, one simple truth will become undeniably clear: what you believe drives everything.

Using this edition of Believe, church families around the globe can now embrace a full ministry year through worship services, small group studies, and family activities. Learn more about this church-wide experience at BelieveTheStory.com.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:24 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,399,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible