365 Moments of Peace for a Woman's Heart:…

365 Moments of Peace for a Woman's Heart: Reflections on God's Gifts of…

by Baker Publishing Group

92950,433 (5)None

Women have times of feeling insecure, unforgiven, unloved and the extraordinary times when they experience insurmountable emotional pain because of a loss. In 365 Moments of Peace for a Woman's Heart published by Bethany, insight is given from scripture and devotionals about the fact that God is willing, able and will always comfort them. There is always light and hope for the journey as they travel through each day of a given year. He is with women always.

In the month of December, there is wise guidance for why it is important to keep God beside us every moment of the day. Staying in His presence keeps women free from fear. This allows God's Love to flow freely from His Spirit to them. I learned fear blocks a woman's path. I also learned how important it is to walk with an awakened heart. God has placed nature all around us like a gentle nurse: he is in one leaf that falls. He is in the wind. He is in a tiny pebble. Whether we're doing a Bible Study, in prayer or just cooking a meal, He gives us the ability to touch base with Him through His creativity. All of these ways bring our focus back to his Almighty power who is able to use all circumstances for our good.

I was struck by the Bible verses in this devotional. In Psalm 34:5, "Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy: no shadow of shame will darken their faces."I also have been moved by the titles of the devotionals. In December, these are some of the titles: Sweet Dreams, Life's Purpose and Heirlooms. Heirlooms is one of my favorite titles. This devotional compares God's creativity with the beautiful quilts women have pieced slowly and with great care down through the years. In the margin of each devotional is a personal prayer. For Heirlooms,

Father in heaven:
magnificence of the
universe and the tender
beauties of nature.
I cherish the inheritance you have
given me. Amen.
Three hundred Sixty Five Moments of Peace for a Woman's Heart will "restore and refresh your soul." The devotional is small enough to carry anywhere. It is a beautiful, delicate pink like a flower. It is a soft, smooth leather. Thank you to Bethany House for allowing me to have the book for a book review. I now know more about God's eternal and tender loving care for women.bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/365-moments-of-peace-for-a-woman-s-heart ( )
  Tea58 | Dec 2, 2014 |
365 Moments of Peace for a Woman's Heart: Reflections on God's Gifts of Love, Hope, and Comfort by Baker Publishing Group is a beautiful book, one that feels nice in your hands. Looks and feels so soft, pretty and feminine also having a ribbon for bookmarking.

Filled with a year full of daily devotionals to calm and comfort. They are absolutely beautiful, with scripture, inspirations, and a prayer for each day. No I haven't read the complete book yet but have read a few of the devotionals and I love the peaceful filling they leave me with.

Today's could have actually been written for me personally.
The Title is - The Dark Before Daylight
directly underneath is scripture from Psalm 30:5
Then an inspirational that talks about being exhausted, and the situation seeming as dark as the night sky. Goes on to tell you to put your trust in God and rest while he handles the situation.
This is followed by another Bible verse - Psalm 30:11-12
There is also a prayer to the left of the page that reads...
"God, please calm my fears and give me rest. I want to trust you, Lord. Please release me from these worries so I can praise your matchless name. Amen"

This has a special meaning for me, after the very recent passing of a family member. Watching more family members that are suffering with cancer as they fight this battle with that terrible disease. I feel so helpless because there is nothing I can do to make it better for them. But this is a much needed reminder to give these problems to the One (God) who can help.

I love this little book of devotionals and look forward to reading each and every days entry. I highly recommend this book. This would make a great gift for the ladies in your life. The design of the book gives you a peaceful feeling as well as the daily devotionals giving you that peace and comfort.

I received a free copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review rather it be good or bad. Thank you. ( )
  kykim | Nov 13, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764212982, Imitation Leather)

Refresh and Restore Your Soul

365 Moments of Peace for a Woman's Heart offers inspiring psalms and meditations to calm and comfort you throughout your day. In these pages you'll . . .

· rest in the loving presence of your God
· find a haven from the pressures of daily life
· learn that God's perfect peace can be yours in the midst of any circumstance

Be Still and Know

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:50 -0400)

Sometimes life gets so busy it's hard to know whether you're coming or going. This elegant devotional offers you peace and encouragement right where you are! A year's worth of touching reflections and inspiring Scripture will speak to your heart and provide you with spiritual refreshment as as you move through your day. 384 pages, padded hardcover.… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,303,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible