Gifted by Kelley Armstrong
Cainsville (2) Christmas (1) clay (1) collection (2) detective (1) E (1) ebook (1) fae (1) faerie (1) fiction (1) gargoyles (1) holidays (1) horror (1) Kate (1) Kindle (2) Liv (1) magic (1) mystery (1) novella (1) own (1) paranormal (2) read (1) read in 2014 (1) reread (1) seasonal (1) stories (1) to-read (7) urban (1) urban fantasy anthology (1) werewolves (2)

I loved these two short stories, both were touching and fun to read.

Gabriel's youthful search for both the last Gargoyle and the perfect present for his aunt was a joy to read considering his less than idyllic childhood.

And Logan's dilemma was equally heartfelt and touching.

A great combination of Christmas stories from Kelley Armstrong's Cainsville and Women of the Otherworld series. ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
Gifted by Kelley Armstrong really felt like a gift.

Gabriel's Gargoyles is a refreshing look at what makes Gabriel Walsh the way he is. I loved how this story finally gave the background of how Gabriel was able to find all the Gargoyles for May Day. In the Cainsville series the readers are repeatedly teased with in congruency of a child who never had a childhood participating in a local childhood tradition. It was a fun look at what makes Gabriel tick.

The Puppy Plan was a great glimpse of the twins growing up. I love the way the twins interact with each other and the way their minds work. They are the perfect example of Yin and Yang and how opposites can often make a whole.

Overall this short was a wonderful addition to two of my favorite series!!! A definite bonus to any fan of these worlds. ( )
  kmascera | Dec 20, 2014 |
I enjoyed both of these stories very much. I think I liked Gabriel's Gargoyles best because it let me see some of the things that made Gabriel into the man he is in the Cainsville books. He was determined to rise above the abuse and neglect he experienced at his drug-addicted mother's hands. I liked that he was resilient but still felt incredibly sorry that he was left in such an awful situation.

The Puppy Plan was also enjoyable. I liked being able to see Logan's viewpoint. I liked his sense of responsibility and his wish to give his sister the best Christmas present ever. I could feel how conflicted he was at having to disobey his parents for what he believed was the greater good.

Both stories were nice opportunities to revisit two of the worlds Armstrong has created and were fine ways to spend time while waiting for the next novels. ( )
  kmartin802 | Dec 14, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,324,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible