Special Agent Finnegan by Mimi Barbour

Special Agent Finnegan

by Mimi Barbour

721,138,814 (5)None

REVIEW: Loved the characters in this book. Feisty Renee is the perfect match for Finn. But it is Collin, Finn's father, that steals the show. Steamy interactions and building suspense will keep you reading until the wee hours of the morning. Loss, love, and compassion are tightly wound into an intriguing plot.

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Love for his father makes a man weak - what’ll happen when he gives his heart to a woman?

When Special Agent Finnegan O'Reilly gets shot, and the news brings on his father’s heart attack, he decides to take leave from further undercover assignments. The O'Reilly has suffered enough and Finn can’t be the cause of more distress for this beloved old rascal. Then his boss forces one more case on him - to take place in their own pub. Acting as the target to expose serial, suicide killers rampaging through New York City, Finn must play the part of a wife-beater, a cheating husband and an all-time jerk. No problem, until he meets his make-believe wife.

Renée Knight enjoys her job as a New York City cop. Her disguises have become a permanent fixture in her life, and no one knows what she really looks like. Except for the father she loves fiercely… the man, whose suicide makes no sense. If it means going undercover in an Irish pub where the culprits hang out, she’s their girl. Playing the wife of the bar owner to catch the killers—easy. But they never intend for her to fall for this guy, she does this all on her own. Now she has to hire the assassins to arrange his suicide. Can she catch them, before they complete the mission? ( )
  treehousereader | Feb 22, 2018 |
I rec'd a ARC from the author Ms Barbour in exchange for an honest opinion. This is mousieys honest opinion of her book. Once I started reading it - the author had my attention from the very first page. And I do mean from the very first page. The way she capture the essence of the characters and the details of the scenes are very unique. Now before I go any further - let me say this - I have never read a book from this author and found her writing very interesting. Mousiey ask you to grab something to drink and a nibble , have a seat; then enjoy a short take of this wonderful story of Ms Barbour's.
As the story starts out we find our mc going to boss's office. When he arrives there he overhears a conversation between a beautiful woman an co ( Frank). She is demanding that Frank look into her father' death as she doesn't believe that it was suicide. Matter of fact she knows it was murder- as her father was a retired cop and he would never kill himself.. Renee is currently working undercover as a college student trying to catch an attacker and she told Frank that if he didn't investigate her father's murder than she would and she met it. As she left the office she ran into O'Reilly. When O'Reilly gets into Franks office he tells his commander no that he is on vacation and taking care of his father who is recovering from suffering a heart attack. But that don't take no for an answer and tell him that a woman will be coming in with information about the case. It seems that she had solicited a murder for hire on her husband and it is possibly linked to Renee's father's death. O'Reilly leaves and goes to the hospital talks to his father. Who tells him in no uncertain words that he is to take the case and not worry about him. He is fine and dandy. Now as for Renee she goes back to the college and to her roommate - they talk about classes , and her roomies mystery boyfriend. Renee suspects him and his friend for attacks at the school. As the attacks only happen every 2 weeks - and thats when her roomies boyfriend shows up. Strange -she thinks and her gut says he is good for it. NOw as for O'Reilly- in order to catch the serial killer they have to have him play as he is married. This is where mousiey is gonna leave you lovely readers. See if I was to tell who was the attacker at the college campus - and what happens about the serial killer than you wouldn't read the book. And you really need to read this one for yourself. I recommend this book to all. An give it a rating of 25 out of 5 stars! SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?? GO !!! IT'S ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW !! GET YOUR COPY TODAY !! ( )
  m0usey | Nov 13, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,213,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible