Sherlock: Chronicles by Steve Tribe

Sherlock: Chronicles

by Steve Tribe

This book is simply magnificent.
From the moment you first open this tome and come across the image of reproduction 'flock wallpaper' that adorns the front and end papers, you get the sense that you are in for a special treat.
What you receive are many hundreds of full colour photographs (including many full, and double page shots) covering every episode from the first three seasons; with behind the scenes artwork, script samples and deleted scenes.
In the back there are also Cast & Crew lists for every episode (including both versions of A Study in Pink).

It's a hard criticism to make; but, with so many images (well over 500 I would imagine as a conservative estimate) it makes this as much a photo album as anything else. As a result this book makes for a predictably quick read. But, on the other hand, there are just so many amazing photographs!
The only way to have added more editorial content would have been to make the book much thicker, and it is already quite impressively thick. so, I can't make this a series criticism.

£25 is a lot of money though. Perhaps if I had not made such a massive saving, waiting till it hit the discount shelf, my review would have been more critical, but I can only comment on my particular circumstance in acquiring this book.
And I am immensely happy with my purchase. ( )
1 vote Sylak | Sep 16, 2016 |
For Mandy, for always
Two men, sitting in a train carriage, rattling through the countryside.

Featuring over 500 images of concept artwork, photographs, costume and set designs, and more, this title is suitable for Sherlock fans everywhere.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible