A Frontier Christmas by William W. Johnstone

A Frontier Christmas

by William W. Johnstone

A Frontier Christmas by William W. Johnstone with JA Johnstone
This family saga finds Smoke, Sally and Matt enjoying the holiday season at Fort Russell on their travels to sell horses to the government.
Book also follows the investigation of a murder, a whole family and who's to blame and their travels to keep themselves hidden away.
Duff MacAllister who works for Smoke on the ranch goes after the mayor's relatives killers and finds them and brings them to trial. They do escape but are put into another prison of sorts.
His love interest is Meaghan who designs and sells dresses. She is traveling amongst towns to help another with her dress shop during the Christmas holiday season. Love how the whole town comes together to fight evil. Lots of action and adventure.
It'll be a miracle if the quarantined town has any holiday to celebrate especially since the medicine has been highjacked. Excerpt from Rebel Yell is included at the back.
I received this book from Kenningston Publishers in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jan 16, 2015 |
Title: A Frontier Christmas
Author: William W. Johnstone with J. A. Johnstone
Pages: 416
Year: 2014
Publisher: Pinnacle
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Christmas-William-W-Johnstone/dp/0786033606/ref=s...
This is a simply heartwarming story set in the west with characters that I am familiar with, being a fan of Johnstone books. However, whether you are familiar with the characters or authors matters not as readers will be engrossed not just in the budding romance between Meagan and Duff, but the action with increasing tension will keep you glued to the book! A Frontier Christmas is the fourth book in the series Western Christmas Stories that also includes A Lone Star Christmas, Rocky Mountain Christmas and A Big Sky Christmas. Each book can be read as a standalone or grab all four and be prepared to be entertained for hours!
The Johnstone’s Western Christmas Stories will capture your imagination, heart and emotions that run a wide range with each book. A Frontier Christmas tells the story of small towns preparing for Christmas and coming together to fight against those who would trade life-giving medicine for money when one town is quarantined with diphtheria. The small town has but one doctor who runs from one bedside to another in a race to save lives. When Duff learns who the men are who have taken the medication, he enlists the help of old friends Smoke & Matt Jensen along with his ranch partner Elmer.
When I began reading, I instantly fell in love with the characters and the story because I love westerns! Even if someone is not a fan of westerns these Christmas tales remind us of what is most important along with sacrificial giving without a second thought in order to save lives. Readers need to remember there are a couple of swear words sprinkled lightly in the book, but hardly noticeable with a story so stunning and fast moving as shared here for the audience. Many other western writers have come before and left stories for generations to enjoy long after they are gone; the Johnstones are no different.
I hope you read all four wonderful tales in this series and share them with others who love the world of imagination sparked by a good book!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Nov 9, 2014 |

William W. Johnstoneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Johnstone, J.A.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786031387, Mass Market Paperback)

Three days before Christmas, Matt Jensen is traveling the Denver and Pacific railway when an avalanche slams down onto the train, trapping it in desolate Trout Creek Pass. But it wasnt an act of nature that caused the accident; it was a gang of outlaws attempting to rescue their leader, who is being taken to Red Cliff to be hanged. As Smoke Jensen and Duff MacCallister frantically try to make their way to the scene, Matt struggles to save the survivors, among them a beautiful young woman with a dark past, a merchant seaman turned rancher, and a senator with his very ill young daughter. Starving under a bitter, driving snow in the brutal, unforgiving Rocky Mountains, and surrounded by armed and desperate outlaws, Matt still dreams of making it home for Christmas. But unless fate lends a hand, nobody will.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:38 -0400)

When the outlaws responsible for brutally murdering the mayor's family escape the day before they are sentenced to hang, Duff MacCallister and the Jensen family must find and bring the criminals to bloody justice so that every can have a Merry Christmas.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,396,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible