Trust Me (The Donovan Family Book 4) by…

Trust Me (The Donovan Family Book 4)

by Margaret Watson

841,035,133 (4.4)None

No tags.

This was my first Margaret Watson book and I will definitely be checking out her other titles after reading Trust Me.
Sparks fly from the outset when Connor and Raine meet under less then ideal circumstances. Neither truly trusts the other to begin with but they can't deny their chemistry and it isn't long before they are tearing up the sheets at night and working together during the day to bring justice for Raine's sister.
The heat level was quite high in this romantic thriller and there was plenty of action, suspense and twists and turns to keep me turning the pages.

I thought that Connor and Raine were both very strong characters and a good match for each other. Raine is passionate in her pursuit of justice and she doesn't think twice about endangering herself in the process. She is of the mindset that the ends justifies the means. Connor isn't quite as prepared for her to get hurt and so he tries his best to steer the direction of the investigation and limit Raine's involvement in it. There is some conflict between the pair as they grapple with their growing feelings for each other. Connor isn't beyond acting like a typical man and being a jerk to Raine but despite their arguments Connor's loyalty never sways. His natural instinct is to help and protect her.

I loved that Raine is very capable of taking care of herself in tough situations. She lets Connor do the alpha male thing such as checking her apartment for intruders and getting her a new lock on her door but when push comes to shove, Raine doesn't hesitate in jumping right into the middle of the action using her tae-kwon-do moves.

Book 4 in the Donovan Family series, Trust Me is easily read as a stand alone novel. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to going right back to the beginning and getting to know the rest of the Donovans in turn.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romantic suspense.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Inishowen_Cailin | Apr 13, 2016 |
What are you prepared to do to get revenge? Raine will avenge her sister, who was killed by her husband even if that means putting herself in danger. Connor was Raine and he knows that she is up to something, when she tells him he vows to help her but only if she doesn't try something with her ex brother in law.
Raine can't back down even if it means getting on Connor's bad side but he isn't about to let her get hurt.
They both work together to see what they can find, they need proof and it isn't going to be easy.
A great story full of action as Raine just can't keep out of trouble and Connor just can't keep her still.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review from the author. ( )
  Lillian-Maddocks9389 | Feb 5, 2016 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. While you don't have to read each book in order there are some references to incidents which may cause you to pause but not lose sight of the story. Trust is a major issue in this story so much so that it causes each of the characters to have some whirlwind problems. The book is sexy and fun with lots of twists and turns. A very fun read. ( )
  thicks | Jun 12, 2015 |
This was my favorite book of the series so far.

I loved Raine. A teacher/tae kwon do instructor at the school, she's very determined to do what's right for the people around her, even risking her own safety to help her students. I also liked that even though she's an independent woman, she's not afraid to admit she needs help proving her sister's husband was the one who killed her.

Connor was great. Even though Raine was fiercely independent, he was patient and waited her out until she admitted she needed his help. Instead of thinking she was crazy he immediately believed her and set aside time to help get justice for her sister. He even took interest in tae kwon do and in Raine's students, which he didn't have to do.

The other Donovan siblings make appearances, as does Rose, their mother. We once again see how great they are with each other, how quickly they accept Raine as one of their own, and how they band together in a time of crisis.

This book could be read as a stand-alone, but I recommend reading the other books in the series as well simply because they're good.

**A free copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review** ( )
  stacejb | Dec 14, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Margaret Watson's book Trust Me was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,650,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible