A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie

A Caribbean Mystery (edition 1964)

by Agatha Christie

Member:yrizaria
Title:A Caribbean Mystery
Authors:Agatha Christie
Info:POCKET BOOKS (1966), Edition: First Edition, Paperback
Collections:Your library, Read again
Tags:mystery, British

A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie

English (43)  Danish (2)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  All (49)
It doesn’t get more classic or cozier than Agatha Christie! This whodunit takes you to the islands, where Miss Marple is staying in a beautiful resort. But is all as idyllic as it seems?
  mcmlsbookbutler | Apr 18, 2017 |
17/2014 ( )
  moonlight_reads | Dec 11, 2016 |
I'm not normally a Miss Marple fan, but I really liked this one. Normally Miss Marple is too passive a detective for my liking, but she really showed spunk in this one. They mystery was decent and interesting and I really liked the background characters. Emilia Fox did a great job narrating this audiobook. I'm going to have to pay attention to the narrators for Miss Marple books. I'd listen to another one narrated by her because I think she gives life to Miss Marple. ( )
  jguidry | Sep 24, 2016 |
Miss Marple is chilling out in the West Indies, knitting and dabbling her toes in the sea — oh, and solving murders. As one does on vacation. You can tell this is a later Marple because there's plenty of talk about S-E-X, but Marple still remains above it all. I must say, though, that I found it difficult to read Christie's affectionate descriptions of Miss Marple as a "sweet old pussy" without having Donald Trump flashbacks. Wonder if he's ever read any Miss Marple ... ? ( )
  rosalita | May 12, 2016 |
Miss Marple is holidaying in Caribbean resort, but with a mystery of her fellow guest who was to show her the photo of an murderer. And after few days follows another murder.. And Miss Marple is full-on on the mystery and catches the murderer :)
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |

Groen, L.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hickson, JoanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thaler, WillyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thommessen, GunnarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my old friend John Cruikshank Rose with happy memories of my visit to the West Indies
"Take all this business about Kenya," said Major Palgrave.
This is the main work for A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie. It should not be combined with any adaptation, abridgement, etc.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451199928, Mass Market Paperback)

Miss Jane Marple, Agatha Christie's most appealing sleuth, returns in this classic baffler of a vacation-turned-deadly.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:13 -0400)

"Would you like to see a picture of a murderer?" So asks a stranger of Miss Jane Marple while she is vacationing on luxurious St. Honore. Before she has a chance to answer, the mystery man vanishes, only to be found dead the following day. Now Miss Marple is asking the questions: What happened to the curious photo: Why is the hotelier prone to nightmares? Why doesn't the most-talked-about guest, a reclusive millionaire, ever leave his room? Any why is Miss Marple fearing for her own life?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,841,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible