The Haunting by Jean Marie Rusin

Pages 188
Published by: AuthorHouse
11/15/14

According to author . . .,
“The Haunting” is a based on true events, that occurred in a Windsor, CT home; and the house is still under investigation. Unfortunately, its location can’t be revealed. Just sharing and knowing this bit of information alone gears one up for being intrigued.

According to this author . . .,
“The Haunting” is based on true events, that occurred in a home in Windsor, CT; and the house is still under investigation. Unfortunately, its location can’t be revealed. Just sharing and knowing this bit of information alone gears one up for being intrigued.
Truly, I will say, the cover page for this designed book looks very catchy and appealing. It grabs you as one of those: "Wow, gotta read this one book!" The beautifully constructed cover does draw a reader into wandering what fabulous (scary or horrifying) ghost gobbling facts are behind those covered pages. Basically, I'm not a fan of these genres (i.e, “ghostly stories”) but thought I'd make an exception . . . to support this author, seeing her books on the market.

In all fairness, I was very hesitant about providing my feedback for this book. For one, it must and should be an honest review, overall. To confess, though, wasn't sure if I was reading an unedited manuscript or its actual finished product. Yet, as I managed to push through and read pass its writing with the run-on sentences, misspellings and other infractions, I came to the conclusion this author has somewhat of a challenged writing-style, while exposing its story. Sure, if I was to make a relationship comparison of well-structured versus ill-structured story writing, this book is a bit ill-structured. Yet, the meat of its story is there. And you’ll discover that it can be a great little tale as well. The author has done her role in putting the elements in place. Kudos, to the author for that! I give her at least a 3 star rating for effort. Keep writing Jean Marie Rusin, you shall shine through your skills.

Now, it’s the publisher (AuthorHouse) that needs a huge slack in the face for not professionally assisting where assistance was needed. Surely, this author has paid big bucks for their services. No matter how little or small they got paid . . . it just wasn't "free." And do they realize their label is a reflection of their work? So to them I say, “Shame, shame on you . . . AuthorHouse.”

Caution:
Other authors stay clear of this house . . . Author’sHouse. It's not haunted but there are some Goblins that will gobble up your money. ( )
  Nina_N | Nov 15, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible