Bees Like Flowers (Mummy Nature) (Volume 2)…

Bees Like Flowers (Mummy Nature) (Volume 2)

by Rebecca Bielawski

198537,190 (3.78)None

Fiction: is about a little busy bee that buzzes around to different flowers. This story explains why flowers and bees are so important and how they help each other. ( )
  MankinSamara | Apr 11, 2017 |
This is a cute book to introduce children to bees and other insects. It illustrates how bees affect nature, but does so in a simple language that children can understand. ( )
  the1jag | Mar 29, 2016 |
I read this to my 2.5 year old grandson and we both enjoyed it. The rhyming words are simple to understand and fun to read out loud. He learned about bees while having fun pointing at the pictures that are bright, colourful, and appealing to a toddler.

Please note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review ( )
  LorettaR | Apr 7, 2015 |
Simple and informative as well as being a beautifully illustrated little book about why bees like flowers. I read this to a group of 4-6 year olds and they really liked it. It didn't answer all their questions though and they wanted to know 'how the bees spreading pollen helps flowers to grow?' Although this could lead on to further reading and research, for children this age an extra page or two to explain this in simple terms would make the book complete. ( )
  Inishowen_Cailin | Apr 2, 2015 |
Bees Like Flowers is a cute story that my preschooler enjoyed having read to her. The rhyming made it fun to read. It is educational and teaches a bit about the importance of bees and pollination. I didn't really like the use of the word "cos" instead of because (done for rhyming purposes), but that is just a personal preference. I would like to read this author’s other books in the Mummy Nature series as well. ( )
  Ashley_Coleman | Mar 11, 2015 |

BOOK 2 in the MUMMY NATURE series of children's books.

Watch our happy, helpful friend the Honey Bee, always so busy and buzzy and find out why bees and flowers are such good friends. Illustrations using vivid colours include many real flower species which children may recognise from their garden or have seen growing in the wild, 3 of them are named at the end of the book too. The narrator shows us what these fascinating bugs have been getting up to in her garden.

What we can learn:

concepts:
Simple ideas about the life of a bee
Bees are insects
Some common flowers: Daisy, Poppy, Sunflower

new words:
Insect, Pollen, Nectar, Hive, Honeycomb, Blossoms

PAGES: 26
WORDS: 262
LEVEL: Preschool to 6yrs

Other books in the series:
Meet Bacteria!

MUMMY NATURE series – nurturing children's curiosity

Each book in the series is one mini nature lesson wrapped up in colour and rhyme. These books are intended for very young children including toddlers and will give them just a glimpse into some of the wonders of the natural world. Illustrated for maximum vibrancy and visual impact, using rhyme to engage young minds and encourage participation. Read the rhymes to your children and soon they will be reading them to you!

The narrator is a small child and keen observer who tells us in short rhyming phrases everything she thinks we should know, and all about the magical things she sees around her. Sometimes she is camouflaged in the long grass and other times she has to climb a tree to get a better look.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Rebecca Bielawski's book Bees like Flowers was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Rebecca Bielawski is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible