The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend…

The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend Chronicles) (Volume 2)

by River Jaymes

222476,730 (3)None

I enjoyed getting to know what made Tyler who he is. I also like seeing bits of the other friends in this story. This book didn't pull me as much as book 1 did, but it is a good read. And I'm looking forward to the next book. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
SPOILERS:

Bk 1 was a 4 star for me.
Couldn't wait for this one because of how Tyler was portrayed in the previous book.
Thought he'd meet his match in his own book and that it would be wonderful to watch "Ice Man" melt for his very own hero.

Oh, and how he melted.
Right into a puddle of nothingness.
From Ice Man to...blank....
* he wasn't the love of the hero's life
* he wasn't important enough to fight for
* he wasn't "hot" enough all those years ago

This is the first book I've ever read where a MC tells the other MC:
* that the reason he broke up with him was because it was too hard for him to be "somebody's everything"
* that he wants to hook up with him now cos its on his bucket list
* that he wants the hero to forgive him for walking out on him, COS ITS ON HIS BUCKET LIST.
* that an important reason for having sex with him (so often, in the past) was because it was the best form of therapy because he was feeling less than manly without his one testicle (yes, of course he also wanted him, but he needed affirmation of his masculinity, I suppose. What with being one ball less of a man and all that.)

There's no indication on Memphis's part that he loves Tyler. If the ow didn't mention it, I'd never have known.
Actually, I STILL don't know, because apart from him mentioning it briefly on the last page, there's no other indication during their story:
* no real need to be with him
* no need to share with him
* no deep bond except a sexual one
* no sense of closeness
* none of the little things that show the connection between the MCs.

On the one hand I felt sorry for Tyler but then I realized that this is his fate.
He didn't need anything from his partner except for him to BE there. Back in his life. He'd take what he could get. He lived in limbo for all the years they were apart, so even if Memphis wanted him for bucket list fulfillment, that was okay with Tyler.
If Tyler was okay with that, then I was okay with it. I wanted him to get a forever-after-soul-mate, but that's not to be.
He was forever going to share Memphis with his obsession: his career as a stuntman and his ex wife, whom he will "always love." Her wellbeing is always at the forefront of his mind, plus she's his manager and publicist.

Memphis, Memphis, Memphis:
I'm looking for something meaningful to say about this man.
Nope. Can't find anything.
This book is about him and the strings he pulls, the people he manipulates.
I don't want to feel sorry for him just cos he has no balls.
No really. He has no balls.

BeegPanda | Aug 2, 2015 |

Stuntman and two-time cancer survivor Memphis Haines excels at beating the odds. When he's presented with the opportunity to help his ex-boyfriend with a charity event, he jumps at the chance to make up for the devastating way he left Tyler ten years ago. Memphis might have taken the college geek's virginity, but the former mathelete is now a hell of a head turner. And Dr. Tyler Hall's cool reserve is a challenge Memphis can't resist. A self-confessed rule breaker and line crosser, he'll keep turning up the heat with a single goal in mind: to melt the man's composure.

Tyler Hall sticks to one simple mandate: no more dating ex-boyfriends. Ever. He certainly isn't interested in hooking up with Memphis Haines, the ex who jumps off buildings, dodges explosions, and poses for designer underwear ads. Ten years ago, falling for Memphis changed Tyler's life. The man's abrupt departure turned his world inside out. But he moved on long ago. Besides, he has a clinic for the homeless to run, patients to take care of, and no time to deal with the trouble his ex brings. Memphis, however, seems determined to rehash the past. And his boxer-dropping grin, hard body, and confident charm are resurrecting ultra-hot memories best not remembered, making Tyler's rule harder and harder to keep...

CONTENT WARNING: This book contains Man-on-Man action, adult situations and *ahem* language.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible