Made for You by Lauren Layne

Made for You

by Lauren Layne

193537,190 (4.14)None

This was pretty good and it made the series even more fun, but there were times when I thought Will and Brynn should each swallow their respective bullshits and just move on with their lives. Alas, it is a contemporary romance and we need some angst to make thingsn yummier. The ending made me a little afraid that what I thought it was going to happen, suddenly wasn't. LOL. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
I enjoyed my emotional ride while reading MADE FOR YOU. I say “emotional” because there were parts that they were a bit painful to read—when I had finished, I felt a dull ache in my chest—even with the happy ending.

What I liked about MADE FOR YOU was the truthfulness it had, even though it hurt to read about. What I mean by this is that Will would be hurtful with his words most of the time and it actually hurt me to read about it, hence the dull ache I mentioned before. Will is a very determined and strong-willed character. While he knows what he wants, he still has trouble with handling the situation, in this case the situation is Brynn.

Brynn and Will have an extremely rocky past. Their bickering is not normal—the reader can feel the hate while reading. Will left without a trace for years until he decided to come back and win Brynn over. Will was the first to really add fuel to the fire, which he shouldn’t have because he really hurt Brynn and ended up pushing her away entirely. When he comes back to win her over, she thinks it’s all just for sex. You see, Brynn is as clueless as they come. She is completely blind! She has Will wrapped around her tiny finger and she doesn’t even realize until…pretty much almost the end of the story, which sucked to be honest, but the romance was there and it was slowly building up.

It was very fun to read about Brynn’s self-discovery. She’s this uptight, classy person and even when she tries to let loose…let’s just say she only does a bit of it. With Will’s help she learns how to find herself again and how to let go of the past and start anew. While the bickering was hurtful, they did have fun time a couple of times when they weren’t going for each other’s throats. They knew about their own sexual frustration so they would slightly tease one another to see who would give in first.

All in all, my experience was gratifying. I enjoyed reading this story a lot more than I thought I would. Will’s character is my favorite one of all. And even though Brynn’s character would frustrate me at times, I enjoyed reading about her when she started leading her true inner self out. ( )
  GenGenBookBlog | Nov 16, 2014 |
I enjoyed Lauren Layne’s Only With You and when I found out Brynn was getting her own book, I knew I had to have it and as soon as it was possible. When the opportunity came to participate in the blog tour, I couldn’t pass up the chance! I’m so glad I was able to participate because it was perfect! If you haven’t the first in the series, ONLY WITH YOU, it’s not necessary to do so in order to enjoy MADE FOR YOU since Layne expands a few key scenes from ONLY WITH YOU and you aren’t missing much.

We have really good character development. Brynn Dalton is an orthodontist and likes to make lists. In fact, she’s the queen of list making and when we find out why she’s inclined to such behavior it makes sense. Growing up she was a bit chubby and was picked on, so when she lost the weight and was able to start at a new school, the lists helped her get over her insecurities. I have to admit, in ONLY WITH YOU, she comes off as a bitch and I know some readers might be put off by Brynn, but trust me on this-give her a chance! Layne lets us get into her mind and really get to know her and I just ended up loving her! Of course we have to have a hero and oh boy! Will Thatcher is everything I wanted. I won’t go into details because I want you to meet him and fall in love with him like I did. He’s just awesome all around! We have a few secondary characters that play a vital role including Brynn’s sister, Sophie. I was a bit worried how Layne would handle Will’s and Sophie’s friendship since they are best friends, but I liked how Layne kept Sophie out of it and let these two work things out on their own.

What I really liked about Layne’s MADE FOR YOU was the emotional rollercoaster Layne put me through! I love angst filled books and this one is no exception especially when you realize why Brynn dislikes Will. I laughed and cried and oh just fell in love with Will to the point I wanted to proclaim to the world, “I love you Will Thatcher!” I really enjoyed getting to know the reasons why these two fought all the time. Even when I thought I had things figured out, Layne totally threw me off course. She gives us a couple of flashback scenes and luckily those scenes don’t interrupt the narrative. The only small annoyance readers might encounter, are the scenes that they may have already read in the first book, ONLY WITH YOU. Even though Layne includes them, they are very important to the story at the time it is taking place and it allows us as readers to further understand Brynn and Will’s complex relationship.

I know some readers might be put off by Brynn and find the relationship with Will to be silly (to the point where maybe in real life they wouldn’t work out), but Layne gives us credible reasons as to why these two work out. I buy it. I had my suspicions in the first book regarding their quarrels and you can feel their sexual tension, I’m surprised Brynn’s family didn’t see it coming. I stated in my review for ONLY WITH YOU, that I was uneasy with the whole “sister’s ex-boyfriend” plot, but Layne does a great job handling that aspect. I know a lot of readers can be put off, but I liked how she set things up.

Overall, Lauren Layne’s MADE FOR YOU was just perfect! If you’re a fan of contemporary romance, I highly recommend MADE FOR YOU. Layne is officially on my auto-buy list and I can’t wait to delve into the rest of her romances! ( )
  winterlillies | Nov 16, 2014 |

"Will Thatcher is exactly the type of sexy playboy good girls like Brynn have always avoided. And yet there was still something about him she just couldn't resist. When Will moved across the country three years ago, Brynn vowed it was time to put him behind her. She never thought Will might have other plans...Back in town, Will intends to get what he's always wanted--gorgeous, unforgettable Brynn. For years, he tormented the untouchable ice princess in a desperate bid for her attention. Now he has a new plan, and he'll do anything to rewrite their stormy past. This time, he's out to show Brynn that the imperfect man might be the best mistake of her life..."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible