Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize…

Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions

by Andy Stanley

Are you wondering which question author and pastor Andy Stanley means in Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions? The one question that will ease answering thousands of other daily questions on what, how and when. In the light of your past experience, your current circumstances, and your future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for you to do? By this approach you'll flee from arguments like 'there's nothing wrong in...' or 'as long as I don't ....it's not sin, right?' It is possible to live life with few regrets. Wisdom begins with fearing God and recognizing that there are principles and rules that for the 'game called life'. Procrastination and spending time on random urgent activities, constantly interfering strategic deposits of time, is worse than wasting time. We often waste our lives. Whenever we think that topics like sexuality, relationship, money, marriage, family, work are our own business, we neglect that private choices have public consequences.
Stanley leads you through his extensive experience as pastor dealing with the consequences of bad choices and avoiding answering that one single outstanding question that really needs to be asked. A relative large part is devoted to the field of sexuality, and the slippery slope of interactions with people of the other gender. While Stanley acknowledges his positions may sound legalistic, and can't be forced upon his readers, he truly upholds his beliefs and benefits from these. King Solomon's proverbs and Paul's instructions to the Ephesians back up Ask It from the Bible. The author included several exercises and a study guide, with a companion DVD, to help you really absorb and apply this crucial message. ( )
  hjvanderklis | Jan 31, 2015 |
A special thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers and NetGalley for a complimentary reading copy in exchange for an honest review.

ASK IT: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions, by Andy Stanley is a guide to life’s challenging questions, and the principle behind this valuable question drawn from years of his life’s journey –a life message.

We all have regrets and do not get do overs. Possibly our regret could have been avoided if we had asked a particular question and acted upon it. In hind sight the conclusion would most likely have been different.

Divided into six helpful parts, where you apply the key question to the areas of your life, offering a new perspective for your relationships, love life, career, financial, and family life.

The Question is an introduction of the big question.

The Alternatives offers common and dangerous alternatives to asking the big question.

A Question of Mortality and Wisdom for Asking is about applying the question to our lives, time, and relationships.

The Best Decision Ever is the secret known to all the best decision makers.

Study Guide is a challenge to reach the best decision and receive maximum benefit from the question.
Stanley mentions this is a principle behind this valuable question drawn from years of his life’s journey – A life’s message. What is the wise thing to do?” But it’s not always an easy question to ask. Sometimes it can be a bit threatening, because it exposes so much about our hearts and our motives. But that’s just one more reason it’s so revolutionizing.

Andy directs our attention to Proverbs 28:26. Why does living wisely require a certain lack of trust in ourselves? Those who trust in themselves are fools. But those who walk in wisdom are kept safe. Regret-free living is found on the path of wisdom. His message is a hope that you will walk wisely and experience God’s deliverance in all the days of your life.

And if we’re honest with ourselves, God will use this question in the deepest parts of our lives to help take us to the place of our fullest potential. Stanley encourages us to use the question as it becomes a permanent part of our decision making process to guide and protect us in the days to come. Ephesians 5:15-17

ASK IT is a revised and updated version of his earlier book, The Best Question Ever (2004) with an added section (wise person, fool, and the mocker from Proverbs) which replaces the money section and also contains a helpful study guide as we learn to walk as wise men.

Having read Andy Stanley’s books for years, and an active member of the Buckhead Church, part of the North Point Ministries, in Atlanta; having served as pre-school leader, as well as a small group leader, under his leadership, before moving to West Palm Beach, FL several years ago, I highly recommend his insights and wisdom with this helpful book to help guide us on our daily path and journey to God’s will, in an easy to follow format.

Would also recommend The New Rules for Love, Sex, and Dating by Andy Stanley (currently reading an advanced reading copy), coming 1/15/2015, as he explores the challenges, assumptions, and land mines associated with dating in the twenty-first century. Best of all, he offers the most practical and uncensored advice you will ever hear on this topic.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Andy Stanley identifies the one question that makes it easy to determine the answer to all other questions. You'll learn how to make decisions with confidence simply by applying the question that brings clarity to life's most challenging decisions.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,356,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible