SEALs of Winter: A Military Romance…

An okay anthology read. Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Love stories by Cora Seton and Elle Kennedy. Am not a fan of suspense books especially romance suspense. Would not recommend. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Haven't had a chance to read all of the stories in this collection but with these authors I expect nothing less than wonderful.

I have read Zoe York's contribution Fall Hard, and she does not disappoint. This is a fantastic story with a truly unexpected twist. Jared is definitely a one of a kind SEAL and I would love to have one of him for my very own.

You should definitely get this one. You won't be disappointed. I highly recommend it! ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I really enjoyed these stories. I can't wait to go back and read more in each individual series. The superbundle was a great idea. Sucked me right in! ( )
  Nee223 | Jan 4, 2015 |
I found these to be sweet quick reads. Lots of lightly developed characters and story lines that were fun to visit but didn't necessarily pull you into their world. If you like stong women and hot men, these is a set of books for you. Some of these writers I enjoyed more than others and I will be looking around for more of their writings.

**Thank you to LibraryThing for an e-copy of this book in return for an honest review. ( )
  jkgrage | Dec 7, 2014 |
THE NAVY SEAL'S CHRISTMAS BRIDE (a Chance Creek novella) by CORA SETON.

Dan is freshly out of the military and a former Navy seal. He decides to spend his time on a ranch with his friend Mason who soon introduces him to Sarah. Sarah is in the Army and is one tough lady. She sees herself as Dan’s equal and soon she makes him realize it too.

Spending a holiday break competing in a training camp?! Not my idea of a vacation but could be fun to watch.

Sarah I feel I connect with on the way she feels about men. She wants more in a relationship yet the men that she attracts only act interested in more but only want flings or one night stand. Now that she has met Dan, who is someone who also wants more she is having a hard time believing it. He may want something more but how is she to know it’s with her. The chemistry between Dan and Sarah is perfect; it’s unlike many romance navels. They are competitive and sarcastic towards one another. It’s great because it makes it seem more real.

I give this a 3/5

Favorite quote “Black belt in making out.”

FLASH FIRE (an Out of Uniform novella) by ELLE KENNEDY.

Flash Fire is about Navy Seal, Cash, and his photographer girlfriend ,Jen - she travels to a dangerous country against his wishes. She gets wrapped up in a nasty situation. While she is hoping she can stay hidden long enough to get save, Cash worries. He can do nothing to help but hope she gets saved and saves private Jamie. This was an okay novella. I probably won't read the rest of the series but I didn't hate it. 3/5

A SEAL FOR CHRISTMAS (a SEAL Team Alpha novella) by JENNIFER LOWERY.

Cloe is a woman with a troubled past. She was at fault for a horrible accident that ruined her life. Donovan is a Navy seal divorcee. Donovan does everything he can to protect her from a crazed stalker that hit her with his car EVEN if Cloe tells him ’NO’ a zillion times.. I wasn’t a fan of this Novella. When I say ‘NO’ I mean it. It’s not okay to let a man override your authority (even if he means well). Donovan was too much. 2/5

SEAL'S PROPOSAL (A Take No Prisoners story) by ELLE JAMES.

Remy is a Navy Seal just home from a six month operation. He comes home to his girlfriend Mitchell who is apart of NCIS and very dedicated to her work and had recently gone undercover. Mitchell has busted a case of man named Rocco who was running human trafficking and a murderer. After he is sentenced and leaving the courthouse Rocco is taken out of custody by some of his people and now on the run. Mitchell is now in fear because she is the person who sent Rocco away and now is in fear of her life. Remy has no idea how much danger Mitchell is in, all he can think about id the perfect Colorado Christmas proposal.

I enjoyed this book because honestly Mitchell is a total bad ass, I like that she doesn't NEED Remy to save her and keep her safe. She knows he could but she also knows how important this vacation is to Remy and doesn't want to spoil it for him.
I give this book a 4/5, I found it had a nice balance between romance and suspense.

YOURS FOR CHRISTMAS by ANNE MARSH.

Yours For Christmas is about Zack and Bree, his estranged wife. If you would call her that. As they got married and didn't see each other again. It might be a bad sign when you come home from deployment and your own wife doesn't remember your face. Then again If you didn't talk to me through not one BUT TWO deployments - You better not come running back after you're out of the military. Especially if you didn't even come to see me on leave! You can tell from the beginning of this novella that they have a pretty awful relationship. Honestly, the guy chickened out asking HIS OWN WIFE to the grand canyon. Rediculous. Marriages aren't fantasies guys. The whole novella Zack is trying to convince Bree that she should take him back with some very hot sex, food, and a kitten (sign me up cowboy..err SEAL?). Very predictable. Slightly annoying. 2/5

SEALED UNTIL CHRISTMAS (a Lucky Thirteen story)by S.M. BUTLER.

Char is was adopted by the Mayor of a small town. Her father was a con-man(Brent)and her mother was dead. Brent was more than willing to have child services take her away years ago. Her new parents weren't fond of her speaking with Brent so they forbade it. If she spoke to him she would get kicked out. Char’s Bio Dad has put her in quite a pickle. His loan shark(Smith)is after her because he can no longer locate Brent ,who he assumed was deceased. Smith wanted 20k and was threatening her with violence. Luckily Jesse stepped out in time to save her. Jesse was a small town boy, gone Navy SEAL. He too had a troubled past. Hunted by his dead girlfriend he latches to Char like no other. Char resisted because she didn't want to rope anyone else into this mess. She was trying to find a way to pay him off without alerting her family. Jesse offers to help her with her problems but she refuses. Of course she believes she can handle a guy threatening her life(and her family’s) alone. Char’s parents at the end? I’m not even going into that. This Novella was okay. Not a favorite but It was alright. 3/5

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT by DELILAH DEVLIN.

Derek and Callie dated for years but when he made the choice to become a SEAL Callie ended things. All Derek wants is for Callie to marry him and make life together but Callie doesn't want to leave, she feels the timing isn't right. This Novella is only 6 chapters and moved very fast. It lacked depth for me. The first five chapters is made up of Derek trying to convince Callie to marry him. This book is given a 2/5, even though it was technically an easy read it was too predictable and fast moving.

UNDER THE RADAR (SEAL EXtreme Team III) by KIMBERLEY TROUTTE.

Ty is a Navy seal who's helicopter goes down in a remote terrain in Alaska.. Thankfully a woman named Holly comes upon the crash with her dogs and brings him back to her lodge. Holly runs a lodge for mushers in Alaska. She is trying to restart her life after a horribly abusive relation back in DC almost left her for dead. Through this book you learn more about both of Holly's and Ty's past and you start to feel the connection growing between the two of them. They bot are here to save one another.
Kimberley writes very well, I enjoyed this book even though I didn't think I actually would. I give this a 3/5 and would consider reading another one of her books.

FALL HARD (a SEALs Undone novella) by ZOE YORK.

Country boy Jared was infatuated with his beautiful neighbor. She is a strong business woman, She didn't need any saving. I liked that. I'm so sick of the "damsel in distress' story line. Cassie is barren and that keeps her from finding any meaningful relationships. Men her age want a family not IVF. She Made a deal with Jared to only be friends. I don’t blame them, Relationships are tough. I really liked this Novella. Fighting their crushes because they liked the other person so much they wanted to be friends(they didn't want to lose that to sex). Believable characters, good story - That’s all I wanted haha. This was the best Novella I read in this bundle! I'm glad I did - I'm going to look into the rest of the series. It's rare that a novella can make me tear up but this did at the end.(let's hope that wasn't the wine) 4/5

received this bundle free for an honest review ( )
  AlishaWebster | Dec 7, 2014 |

Marsh, AnneAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Troutte, KimberleyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
York, ZoeAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Stories in the box set:

The Navy SEAL'S Christmas Bride [a Heroes of Chance Creek novella] by Cora Seton
Flash Fire [an Out of Uniform novella] by Elle Kennedy
A SEAL for Christmas [a SEAL Team Alpha novella] by Jennifer Lowery
SEAL'S Proposal [a Take No Prisoners story] by Elle James
Yours for Christmas by Anne Marsh
Sealed Until Christmas [a Lucky Thirteen story] by S.M. Butler
Rules of Engagement by Delilah Devlin
Under the Radar [SEAL EXtreme Team III] by Kimberley Troutte
Fall Hard [a SEALs Undone novella] by Zoe York

Nine brand new Navy SEALs romance heroes for the holiday season from your favorite New York Times & USA Today bestselling authors.

THE NAVY SEAL'S CHRISTMAS BRIDE by CORA SETON.
Navy SEAL Dan Hemmins goes head to head with soldier Sarah Metlin to prove once and for all that women can’t possibly qualify for an elite branch of the military, but when Sarah proves she’s not just one of the most qualified warriors he’s ever met, she’s also one of the smartest and sexiest, too, he’ll do whatever it takes to get closer to her, even if he has to challenge her to another contest… or three… or five!

FLASH FIRE by ELLE KENNEDY.
Navy SEAL Cash McCoy knows all about danger-he lives and breathes it on a daily basis. When it comes to the love of his life, though, this alpha soldier does everything in his power to keep Jen Scott happy and safe. But when the tables are turned and Jen places herself in harm’s way for her job, their relationship is put to the test. Now Cash must learn to trust the woman he loves… or lose her forever.

A SEAL FOR CHRISTMAS by JENNIFER LOWERY.
Navy SEAL Donovan Demarco is looking to spend a quiet family Christmas, but an accident puts Cloe Carter’s life in danger and he is honor-bound to protect her. Will the threat against them tear them apart or will this holiday season mend their broken hearts?

SEAL'S PROPOSAL (Take No Prisoners) by ELLE JAMES.
On a mission to create the perfect setting for a Christmas proposal, Navy SEAL Remy 'Gator' LaDue finds himself running interference for his beautiful, independent-minded NCIS Agent Mitchell Sanders when she becomes the target of an escaped criminal she helped convict.

YOURS FOR CHRISTMAS by ANNE MARSH.
When Navy SEAL Zack Medina comes home to Strong, CA for Christmas, he’s got more than a firefight on his hands. He needs to convince his estranged wife that ‘tis the season to forgive… and that will take a Christmas miracle. Bree lost her heart three years ago to the sexy SEAL and letting him back into her heart—and her bed—would be a mistake. A really hot, impossibly sweet mistake…

SEALED UNTIL CHRISTMAS by S.M. BUTLER.
Jesse Richter is a Navy SEAL with a hero complex, but he’s met his match in Charlie Morgan, the girl who refuses to be the damsel in distress. A battle of wills and a little mistletoe bring them together, but secrets may tear them apart.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT by DELILAH DEVLIN.
Callie Murphy's never been one to moon over a man. Fairytale romances don't exist outside of books. She's seen first-hand how transitory love can be after watching her mother fall in and out of marriage. Derek Tilden hammered home that truth when he joined the Navy to become a SEAL—he was the boy who couldn't wait to see the world and she was the girl ready to plant deep roots. Now he’s back and asking her to marry him one last time...

UNDER THE RADAR (SEAL EXtreme Team III) by KIMBERLEY TROUTTE.
SEAL pilot, Ty Whitehorse, is shot down in the Arctic and must escape through hostile territory. But when the mother of all blizzards attacks, he holes up in a hunter’s cabin with Holly Colton, a sexy lady musher with a deadly secret. Ty isn't the only one laying low under the radar. They’re both in enemy crosshairs. Staying together is dangerous. Separating? Impossible.

FALL HARD (SEALs Undone) by ZOE YORK.
Jared Sutter has a simple rule when it comes to women: keep 'em happy and keep 'em at a distance. He's got his reasons, and they all make sense until he falls for his neighbor and Cassie Bronson makes him want things he's always kept off-limits.

Cora Seton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,762,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible