Noragami: Stray God 2 by Adachitoka

Noragami: Stray God 2 (edition 2014)

by Adachitoka (Author)

Series: Noragami: Stray God (Vol. 2)

"A run-in with Yato the stray god has turned Hitori Iki, an ordinary, pro-wrestling-loving middle school girl, into an existence neither human nor ayakashi! It's up to Yato's "divine intervention" to turn Hiyori back to normal, but can Hiyori rely on the spontaneous and wayward Yato to do his job properly? What's more, the almighty warrior god Bishamonten has sworn revenge on Yato?!" -- page [4] of cover.… (more)
Member:APieceOfSkye
Title:Noragami: Stray God 2
Authors:Adachitoka (Author)
Info:Kodansha Comics (2014), Edition: Illustrated, 200 pages

Noragami: Stray God 2 by Adachitoka

Relative to the first book, this was a little bit of a mixed bag. On one hand, the overall plotline got more interesting, and some characters got further developed in interesting ways, which resulted in a more solid four star value than book one (which only barely warranted four stars in my rating). On the other hand, some new characterization struck me as tritely duplicating all-too-common manga tropes, and some subplot handling seemed a bit more juvenile than the rest of the story. Overall, the negatives relative to book one held a little more weight than the positives in terms of my ability to enjoy the story, dropping the rating to three stars for this book, but the plot development and its tie-in with character motivations increased my interest in reading the next book.

In short, I liked book one slightly more than book two, but I'm more hooked on the series after reading book two than after reading only book one. ( )
  apotheon | Dec 14, 2020 |
Yukine is up to some of his bad tricks and it's affecting Yato. I'm completely in love with the idea of Yato and Hiyori together. I want to learn more about Yato's warrior past and why he would do such a horrible thing and make an enemy of a lion riding badass. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |

Adachitokaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nibley, AletheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nibley, AthenaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,523,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible