Good Wives (Penguin Popular Classics) by…

Good Wives (Penguin Popular Classics) (original 1869; edition 1995)

by Louisa M. Alcott

Member:bibliaugrapher
Title:Good Wives (Penguin Popular Classics)
Authors:Louisa M. Alcott
Info:Penguin Books Ltd (1995), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Books I've Read
Rating:***1/2
Tags:American, Classic, 19th Century, Children's, Fiction

Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott (1869)

English (21)  Italian (1)  French (1)  English (23)
I must say that I'm disappointed..... So why did I give this book 5 stars?

Well, since I loved Little Women, I had to give this book 5 stars; however, this is literally the exact same book (word for word) as the second half of Little Women - so I am super disappointed.

I thought that this book would be a new story - a more in depth look at the March women in their married lives, but instead I got a complete repetition of the second half of a book that I have already read.... Bummer! ( )
  Bubamdk | Sep 9, 2016 |
A lovely book, the sequel to 'Little Women'. The March girls embark on married life, and the book charts their problems and joys. Some very moving moments as well as some light humour. ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |
The March girls grow up and each get married. This is a continuation of the novel Little Women.
  RachelHollingsworth | Feb 27, 2015 |
This is the second half of Little Women( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 26, 2013 |
To be perfectly honest, I didn't know LMA had written this book. After reading it I realized that the "Little Women" movies I have seen combine this book with "Little Women".

This book picks up with Meg's wedding, which happens 3 years after "Little Women" ends. It goes on in much the same way as "Little Women", telling girls lives, Meg as a young wife and mother, Amy the artist going abroad with family, Jo the favorite Aunty and struggling writer, and beloved sweet Beth, even though I pretty sure most of the free world knows what happens, I'm not going to say it here, just in case.

When this book ends the girls are married women with babies. The ending sets up the next book in the series "Little Men". ( )
  BellaFoxx | Jun 5, 2013 |

Louisa May Alcottprimary authorall editionscalculated
Haahti, AnnikkiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In order that we may start afresh, and go to Meg's wedding with free minds, it will be well to begin with a little gossip about the Marches.
In order that we may go to Meg's wedding with free minds, it will be well to begin with a little gossip about the Marchs.
By the author of 'An old-fashioned girl', etc.
Little Woman, Part II, originally known only as "Part Second"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0140621903, Paperback)

When "Little Women" came to its last chapter Meg was engaged and the other three March girls, Beth, Jo and Amy, were at the threshold of young-womanhood. "Good Wives" opens three years later, with Meg and her family happily preparing for her marriage to John Brooke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:06 -0400)

In this second touching story about the March family, the March girls and their friend Laurie are young adults with their futures to find.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,638,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible