dismiss

Saint by Ted Dekker

Saint (2006)

by Ted Dekker

Series: Paradise (2)

"We call you Saint." The name ignited a light in Carl's mind. Saint. He'd been covertly recruited for Black Ops and given his life to the most brutal kind of training any man or woman could endure. He was here because he belonged here. To the X Group. An assassin. The most effective killer in the world. And yet . . . Carl Strople struggles to retain fleeting memories that betray an even more ominous reality. He's been told part of the truth - but not all of it. Invasive techniques have stripped him of his identity and made him someone new - for this he is grateful. But there are some things they can't take from him. The love of a woman, unbroken loyalties to his past, the need for survival. From the deep woods of Hungary to the streets of New York, Saint takes you on a journey of betrayal in a world of government cover-ups, political intrigue, and one man's search for the truth. In the end, that truth will be his undoing.… (more)

English (15)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (16)
this book is loosely related to showdown, another book by ted dekker I, liked it ( )
  Dan733 | Apr 15, 2020 |
Action Packed. A great continuation! ( )
  Vulco1 | Oct 12, 2018 |
a sequel to Showdown, of sorts. A man has been stripped of his very identity and memories and rebuilt, many times. He is an assassin. He doesn't know when something is a test or the real thing as he is conditioned. He is sent to kill the US President but meets up with Samuel and David Abraham from Showdown. Turns out he is Johnny from Paradise and he has special powers. He comes to a showdown of his own with a fictitious character named The Englishman who has similar powers. Johnny ends up 'believing' and loses his normal eyesight but gains something like Ghostriders soulsear eyesight or something. Also uses 2 sentences to tie in House, which I thought was wicked cool. Pretty shallow, but I enjoyed it. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I loved the book. I was so confused in the beginning of the trilogy, but at least Ted made it where you would eventually understand no matter what book you read first. I started with Saint, then read Sinner, and finished with Project Showdown. I related best to the little girl. When Kat died I cried all night. It was around midnight when I finished the book and I went to my mother balling. You know you've found an amazing author when you find hope for yourself through a character. Yet another miracle of art, Ted. Good job. ( )
  Phoebestone97 | Jun 30, 2016 |
The central theme is identity: Who are we? Why are we here? How do we discover and embrace our gifts? Before you think this is a thriller bogged down by overwrought philosophy (a mistake you wouldn't make if you've read Dekker's previous books), let me assure you that this book starts with a race against time and ends with a rockin' climax. Carl discovers he is one of the world's finest assassins, yet wonders what has brought him to this place. He gets hints along the way of something not quite right--mysteries of his past, and doubts about his future. The story leads Carl through a stripping of his identity to understand that which he has truly been called to do.

I am very selective when choosing to read Ted Dekker. I don'tr care for everything he writes but "Saint" is an intriguing story about good versus evil, finding who you truly are, and learning that accepting the differences in your life that your faith brings is part of being who you are! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
"I see darkness."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,735,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible