Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

Christmas Jars (edition 2005)

by Jason F. Wright

Member:theokester
Title:Christmas Jars
Authors:Jason F. Wright
Info:Shadow Mountain (2005), Paperback, 122 pages
Rating:***1/2

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

I've always had a soft spot for what some would call "cheesy and unrealistic" Christmas stories. There's something about the Christmas season that makes it easier to believe that something as extraordinary as the events of this book could happen in real life. And I, like thousands of others who have read this book, found myself thinking of how I would fulfill my own Christmas jar tradition. Many others have said it, but I'll say it again: this book is a heartwarming Christmas story. ( )
  AngelClaw | Feb 3, 2016 |
Quick inspirational Christmas story. I couldn't put it down. I loved how all of the characters seemed to have separate lives but came together in the end. The author did an excellent job on the spirit of Christmas and the act of giving out of love. The only downside was that I think the author wasn't that great at writing from a female perspective. I think the story would have been deeper if the author wrote from the male perspective for the main character (go with what you know). In my opinion, male authors tend to short female characters and give them male inspired characteristics, personalities and thoughts. But overall, it was a nice story and made me think about starting my own Christmas jar with a loving spirit of giving instead of receiving. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
A morality tale about giving at Christmas. Read for book club. ( )
  hoosgracie | Dec 2, 2015 |
Sweet book to get one into the Christmas Spirit. And a fun idea with which to start the New Year. ( )
  njcur | Jan 3, 2015 |
This was so much more than I was expecting. I thought it would be just another formulaic sappy Christmas story, and in a way it was. But it was also so much more. I loved how it brought all the characters together and showed how we all touch other people's lives, even when we don't know it.
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |

Christmas Jars is well written and very inspirational. On Christmas Eve sitting in Chucks N' Diner, Louise is left a baby girl with a note. Louise is a middle-aged woman with no children of her own eagerly takes the baby and provides a home for the baby. After the adoption is official, Louise decides to name the baby Hope.

At age five, Louise takes Hope to the diner and on Christmas Eve tells her how she came to be her mother.

Hope enjoys writing and hopes to be a newspaper reporter. She interns at her local paper while in high school and finds her first job writing classifieds for the paper. Hope slowly moves up the ranks of the paper.

Louise later dies of cancer and Hope is alone with memories of her mother. One Christmas Eve while eating at Chucks diner, her home is robbed. In front of her apartment, Hope finds a jar full of change and bills. She wonders who could have left this for her. She starts to investigate the jar and this is where she learns the true meaning of Christmas. Its an excellent book that teaches the true spirit of Christmas and it may even lead one to start their own jar.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159038699X, Hardcover)

Hope Jensen is a young, single woman and an aspiring newspaper writer, and when she receives a much-needed but anonymous Christmas gift, she's determined to find her benefactor. That search leads her to an unusual family with a longstanding Christmas tradition. Sensing a front-page feature article, Hope desperately wants to publish their story, but doing so would be a breach of trust. What she decides to do will change her life forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:20 -0400)

"Hope Jensen is a young, single woman and an aspiring newspaper writer, and when she receives a much-needed but anonymous Christmas gift, she's determined to find her benefactor. That search leads her to an unusual family with a longstanding Christmas tradition. Sensing a front-page feature article, Hope desperately wants to publish their story, but doing so would be a breach of trust." -- Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,461,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible