Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

Christmas Jars (edition 2005)

by Jason F. Wright

Member:theokester
Title:Christmas Jars
Authors:Jason F. Wright
Info:Shadow Mountain (2005), Paperback, 122 pages
Rating:***1/2

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

This was so much more than I was expecting. I thought it would be just another formulaic sappy Christmas story, and in a way it was. But it was also so much more. I loved how it brought all the characters together and showed how we all touch other people's lives, even when we don't know it.
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Such a touching holiday story. I've passed this on to other avid readers ( )
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
It was predictable and somewhat trite, though the end was touching. It's not the Christmas Shoes, that's for sure. ( )
  Laurie.Schultz | Mar 15, 2014 |
I like to read a Christmas book during Christmas season. I don't expect a lot - just an interesting story with some warmth to it, evoking cheer and glad tidings and charity. I started early this year with this small book, and even with those low expectations, I'm disappointed. It starts out well, with an "ordinary woman" - not destitute or ill or anything horrid, being gifted with a jar of money after her home was broken into. It gave her a great feeling, and she started to see if she could find out who gave it to her. So far so good. From there it goes downhill, with her learning the source of the jar only to take advantage of them, which then is twisted into More goodwill and it ends by circling back to the beginning and tying up a loose end I had totally forgotten about and not cared about. Cannot recommend to anyone for any reason. ( )
  JeanetteSkwor | Nov 28, 2013 |
What a wonderful and hard to put down story. This was a wonderful story to read during this time of year.

More review to come. ( )
  suefitz1 | Apr 3, 2013 |

Christmas Jars is well written and very inspirational. On Christmas Eve sitting in Chucks N' Diner, Louise is left a baby girl with a note. Louise is a middle-aged woman with no children of her own eagerly takes the baby and provides a home for the baby. After the adoption is official, Louise decides to name the baby Hope.

At age five, Louise takes Hope to the diner and on Christmas Eve tells her how she came to be her mother.

Hope enjoys writing and hopes to be a newspaper reporter. She interns at her local paper while in high school and finds her first job writing classifieds for the paper. Hope slowly moves up the ranks of the paper.

Louise later dies of cancer and Hope is alone with memories of her mother. One Christmas Eve while eating at Chucks diner, her home is robbed. In front of her apartment, Hope finds a jar full of change and bills. She wonders who could have left this for her. She starts to investigate the jar and this is where she learns the true meaning of Christmas. Its an excellent book that teaches the true spirit of Christmas and it may even lead one to start their own jar.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159038699X, Hardcover)

Hope Jensen is a young, single woman and an aspiring newspaper writer, and when she receives a much-needed but anonymous Christmas gift, she's determined to find her benefactor. That search leads her to an unusual family with a longstanding Christmas tradition. Sensing a front-page feature article, Hope desperately wants to publish their story, but doing so would be a breach of trust. What she decides to do will change her life forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:09 -0400)

"Hope Jensen is a young, single woman and an aspiring newspaper writer, and when she receives a much-needed but anonymous Christmas gift, she's determined to find her benefactor. That search leads her to an unusual family with a longstanding Christmas tradition. Sensing a front-page feature article, Hope desperately wants to publish their story, but doing so would be a breach of trust." -- Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,895,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible